What happened to all the JW talk about the King of the North and Peace & Security?

by Think About It 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

designs, I guess you can round up all those "irans" and "iraqs" and "taliban" into "islam"........

you already guessed what happens to infidels!.................. kaboom

• Sapphy
    Sapphy
    Apparently, the Kings now overlap each other. when one world power falls, and another takes their place, the prophecy now applies to the new world powers. So you see brothers and sisters, in this way, the faithful slave is never wrong, and this aptly typifies and foreshadows the overlapping generations that saw the generation that saw 1914. Isn't that happifying?

HA! You could have fun with this overlapping business, world powers overlap, so evidently the generation of Queen Zenobia is still in power.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The doctrines are still on the books, even if many dubs would rather not talk about it too much publicly these days:-

WT 07 9/1 p19-20

After strengthening and encouraging Daniel, the angel relates the prophecy that outlines a struggle for supremacy between the king of the north and the king of the south. The conflict between the two kings stretches from the time when the kingdom of Alexander the Great is divided among his four generals to the time when the Great Prince, Michael, “will stand up.”—Daniel 12:1.
    [ie. At Armageddon]

The recent WT July 15 2010 page 5 said this about the cry of P & S..

"(quoted ! Thes 5 .3) The cry of "Peace and security will be just another demon inspired lie, yet it will not fool Jehovah's servants ".

• Gregor
    Gregor

After the fall of Communism they haven't been able to pin the tail on a new donkey.

Actually, it was the fall of the Soviet Union, not communism. The USSR had been identified as the King of the North in the light green Daniel comic book, "Your Will Be Done..."

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

It was just another propagating lie to stir fear into the members minds, they have used many over the years as we know.

Fear creates power and control over the WTS drones, which results in increased circulation of the published literature.

They exploit Scripture to exploit the flock.

By the way in ancient Judea there were two kingdoms, one in the north and one in the south.

To say the GB are well educated in historical ancient civilizations, would also be a lie.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I guess that "spiritual food" we used to "partake of" didn't have much of a shelf life.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

and they call the others rotten!

• Think About It
    Think About It
    I think they would like to pin the tail on Islam but are afraid of some wack job with a packed vest walking into the lobby at 124 Columbia Hgts..

Bad mouthing Islam is probably one of the smartest things that didn't come out of the mouth of the WTS. Besides, everyone knows explosive packed vests are not proper attire when visiting Bethel.

Think About It

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

I think they would like to pin the tail on Islam but are afraid of some wack job with a packed vest walking into the lobby at 124 Columbia Hgts..

That' a funny statement, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it were true.

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.randytv.com/cironotes.htm

http://www.randytv.com/whatfutureholds.htm

Ciro implies that the King of the North is a prominent member of the United Nations and may very well be the Muslims!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit