Change in distribution of Kool-aid issue of WT, get them like your KMs from your Service Groups Overseer

by cattails 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cattails
    cattails

Not only is there a change in the way the magazines for field service are distributed to publishers.

There's news of a change in distribution of the Study issue of the WT. From now on a publisher will

get them like they get their KMs, that is by having their Service Groups Overseer hand deliver them.

Another way to exercise control for control's sake and make the SGOs busier and feeling more and

more important. Now SGOs got something else to do, they're actively helping in distributing the Kool-

aid at the proper time.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

We don't have our KM's hand deliverd by Service Group Overseer. The are always left out near the literature counter with family head name on top copy to be picked up.

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

What a loving new arrangement from Jehovah!

Translation: We are running out of people who want to deal with being the magazine slave er, servant.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I would venture a guess that the change is because they are trying to slowly eliminate those who are getting them - and sharing their contents on sites like this one.

Just my .02 worth.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    .... and sharing their contents on sites like this one

That very seldom happens. The study articles are available online at jw.org, but the non-study articles are almost never published, or discussed, on forums.

They can put stuff in there that you will never see unless you get a WTCD.

Cheers

Chris

• undercover
    undercover
    I would venture a guess that the change is because they are trying to slowly eliminate those who are getting them - and sharing their contents on sites like this one.

I like your conspiracy mind...but I don't think that's the reason. Anyone can go to their website and download a PDF of version of the study articles. (now if they were to go to some kind of login/password deal so they can keep track of who downloads, then I'm back on your conspiracy bandwagon)

It's the printing costs... they must be hurting more than most people realize, if they have to control how the study copies have to be distributed so as to save a few pennies in each congregation...

• cattails
    cattails

Although I don't doubt that the distribution by hand of the SGO might save some pennies per congregation,

for me the idea that it is being handed out like the Kingdom Ministries reinforces the fact that it is a "for

publishers only" issue. It makes the R&F Witness think they are special, and taken care of, when their

SGO passes out the issues on time. Have you ever been under a brother who took forever to hand out

KMs? People hate that. They feel uncared for, as if their share of "food" wasn't served at the "right time".

I think it's very controlling and it may help develop the mentality of rounding up the waggons because

the end is "soooo near" and "imminent".

• Lady Viola
    Lady Viola

Well, lucky for us you can still download them on their website... ;-)

• undercover
    undercover
    ...reinforces the fact that it is a "for publishers only" issue.
    I think it's very controlling and it may help develop the mentality of rounding up the waggons because the end is "soooo near" and "imminent".

Those are good points. It probably is more about control. Make them feel special by hand delivering the "JW only" version. It reinforces to them that they have to be at the hall regularly and that it must be important to be in on this new channel of communication. The door to the ark is closing and anyone not on the gang plank is in dire straits...

• freetosee
    freetosee

I'm not very uptodate. So the Book Study Conductors are now Service Group Overseers and the Service Group is the former Book Study Group, is that right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit