Change in distribution of Kool-aid issue of WT, get them like your KMs from your Service Groups Overseer

by cattails 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

They already have encouraged people to use the downloaded magazine whenever possible. It was in the initial letter announcing that the pdf files were available. Not really pushed much since, but pretty much nothing is since there are no more lengthy announcements at Service Meetings anymore, either.

BUT there is ONE DIFFERENCE between the pdf and the printed magazine. The pdf ONLY has the study articles. The extraneous BS articles (such as the June 15 WT's article about last year's annual meeting and the introduction of the "generation" change) are ONLY to be found in print, not online.

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

Is this so the service overseer is forced to "take care of" his group and hand deliver the magazines to your home if you aren't at the meetings? Then he can throw in a sheperding visit if he feels like it?

What I find most annoying is how my SGO will not hand me the KMs, but asks me where my husband is and delivers them to him. Even if my husband is standing right beside me talking to someone else, they will wait until they get my husband's attention and hand them to him. Once I grabbed them from the guys hand and he seemed really annoyed, lol.

Is there a rule that KMs need to be handed to the head of the house? The magazine guy hands me the magazines.

• Violia
    Violia

I have always felt it is a way to control info and shun /expose those who are active publishers. They always told us that only those who go are regular in FS and all that get the KM. So now they will extend that to more of their literature. It does cut costs but it lends a underground tone to the entire thing. This is of course what they want you to think--the end it near, things are so close and only those who stay close to the Org will get the needed spiritual food to survive the big A.

• yknot
    yknot

I am confused...... our KH only orders the amount per family and about 15 extras.

The only thing I see is the one on one 'here ya go' is reinforcement of 'brotherly contact' versus plopping them on the counter by surname (which I am sure many congregations will continue to do).

_______

While I tend to 'like' AK-Jeff's opinion......

It become problematic when a visitor comes to the KH....... as it appears too culty.

All in all I think it is just appointed busywork...... to get the boys all hot and bothered leading up to KS10 release and all that comes with it

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Perhaps they are doing this so they can personally see you when they hand it to you. Thus, they can whisper to you in your ear when the new date for Armageddon is when they find out. This will enable them not to print it as hard proof anymore like 1914 and 1925. They can hand you the magazines and lean in close and say "brother, it's very close. Be sure and do family worship next week and attend the meetings."

LOL

-mentallyfree31-

• metatron
    metatron

This is how a secretive totalitarian organization works. Somebody in power ( that is very discreetly cynical) decides that money must be saved. A couple of his willing Theocratic sycophants come up with faithful sounding BullSh^t about how this will encourage meeting attendance or how it Means That The End Is Near ( Everything, everywhere, everytime means the End is Near) and this will get spread by word of mouth or e-mail.

After that, the tired, worn out, zombie publishers will buy into whatever they're told because of 'escalating commitment' ( see War in Vietnam) and that will be that.

Except for the contribution box.....................

metatron

• flipper
    flipper

CATTAILS- Good thread ! I see this as even more controlling behavior of the JW cult leaders trying to monitor who gets access to the publication. The next thing you know- the elders will be insisting on sitting in with each family on their " family study " night in private homes making sure they are studying as a family. The WT society is getting more and more paranoid and controlling

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

So I've missed a few recent Thursday night meetings so was this an announcement made in the last couple of weeks? Makes no sense that anyone (with internet access) can download them from jw-media.org. Unless they disable that feature and move to a handout by the SGO then I'll jump on the conspiracy bandwagon as well.

To me the change just sounds like a cost saving measure made by any corporation. Make the minions print out their own damn WT's!!

• St George of England
    St George of England

This change has still not been implemented here in England. Have any UK members heard anything?

George

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

My wife told me that the kms are handed out by the mag servant at the kh she goes to. Apparently the study mags will become more controlled than just a publisher picking up 4 for himself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit