Change in distribution of Kool-aid issue of WT, get them like your KMs from your Service Groups Overseer

by cattails 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• St George of England
    St George of England
    I'm not very uptodate. So the Book Study Conductors are now Service Group Overseers and the Service Group is the former Book Study Group, is that right?

That is correct. The Tuesday Book Study was ended Dec 2008 and the Book Study Overseer title went also. Now the 'book study' or 'Congregation Bible Study' as it is now called is a 30 min session prior to the shortened Theocratic Ministry School. The only need for 'groups' is for local field service hence the term 'Service Group Overseers'. We no longer have meetings at people homes but meet there for field service.

In our cong the COBE or PO as he was distributes all the KM's but there are under 60 so not a big job.

George

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

This is a much needed cost saving excercise. Now people only take what they think they can place. The insider version is still distributed the old way.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They cannot eliminate apostates getting access. What usually happens is someone at Beth Hell that is supposed to distribute the rags or the Kingdumb Misery will post it online, and then the apostates will get the spiritual monosodium glutamate before the witlesses ever know it's coming.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Boy, if you have a crap Group Overseer, you're gonna have to download 'em. I can remember months going by without getting KMs. I would see every other overseer passing them out to their publishers except mine. Irrelevant now, but an interesting 'adjustment'.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Wonderful.. A new Privilage has been invented..

Soon they will deliver Watctowers with loose pages..

Someone will have the Privilage of going to each publisher and stapling the pages in the Watctchtower..

Further proof the WBT$ is Gods organization..

Gods organization delivers Staples!!..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    "Anyone can go to their website and download a PDF of version of the study articles. "

If that is true, then why don't they just direct the masses to download the needed information?

I think it would be a bit humorous to see someone show up to their meeting with a printed copy (printed from the PDF file), with answers highlighted.

(They could also compare the PDF version with the printed version to see if any 'new light' snuck in to the PDF version.)

Regards,

Jim TX

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Jim, I think that's going to happen in the near future. I predict they'll "encourage" JWs--especially those in western countries--to download and print the study WTs.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

humorous to see someone show up to their meeting with a printed copy (printed from the PDF file), with answers highlighted

I have done that when I couldn't find my magazine.

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

Hopefully this will be the next "new light" for distribution of the WT:

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Just the next step in eventually combining all the 'in house' propaganda into a single monthly issue - virtually unseeable by the general public or especially the 'apostates'.

That's my take.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit