CO visit, end is nigh

by judi8751 28 Replies latest jw friends

• judi8751
    judi8751

Spoke to my JW Husband today ( we dont live together), he has the CO visit this week..." the end is very close now,we need to stay focused, now is not the time to be missing meetings,CO was very positive, a great speaker, I sense myself that the end is just round the corner"......hmmmm I remember a CO visit around 1990, I too thought the end was just around the corner, in fact my daughter would not start school LOL, her son started school 2years ago.

Did I miss something or do I have to wait till my grandsons kids go to school..... loools

How could I have wasted so many years, is there a syndrome for this ?????

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Your daughter must be one young mother.

• judi8751
    judi8751

lol think it was 1986 actually, but yes she got pregnant at 17

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

That is how a co works. Just last month, I heard of the recent co visit where the co stated that the end was oh so close because of the new understanding of the generation. They always say that the end is so near to keep the jws zealous in the preaching work.

Amazing how this works.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

The end came in 1975. We just didn't see it because it was invisible.

• Mary
    Mary
    the end is very close now,we need to stay focused, now is not the time to be missing meetings,CO was very positive, a great speaker, I sense myself that the end is just round the corner"......

Ya. My grandmother was told the exact same thing in 1933 when the Witlesses called on her and her step father had been a Bible Student at the turn of the century and had been told the exact same thing. Both were told that they'd "never grow old in this system of things" and none of Grandma's kids would ever get past grade one or two.

My aunt is going to be 80 this year and grandma's been dead for over 10 years now.

But I guess if this CO said it, it must be true!!

The end came in 1975. We just didn't see it because it was invisible.

I did. I was on the Isle of Patmos at the time, found some really good 'shrooms and saw the whole damn thing!!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

How could I have wasted so many years, is there a syndrome for this ?????

I could not find a phobia name for "fear of impending doom" or "fear of Armageddon" but there is the

fear of God- theophobia
    fear of knowledge- epistemophobia
    fear of theology- theologicophobia

JW's might have the fear of everything- panophobia

• judi8751
    judi8751

lol where did you find those phobias OTWO ???

I guess the end has been coming for some time now, these latter day COs were not even born in 1933, bet your Aunt could tell them a few stories, Mary

lol COs dont lie, ofcourse not !!!!

• ziddina
    ziddina

"is there a syndrome for this ?????..."

Delayed living???

Zid

• judi8751
    judi8751

So true Zid

I certainly put eveything on hold waiting for" the real life " what an idiot, what a waste !!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit