CO visit, end is nigh

by judi8751 28 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

JUDI8751- You asked, " Is there a syndrome for this ? " Yeah, it's called dangerous " cult mind control".

The WT society has these witnesses under a spell keeping them there through intimidation tactics of fear and guilt to make them stay tricked by the society's false promises. It's really that simple. But the typical JW - unfortunately your JW husband included - don't know what's being done to them in a manipulative way. It's really sad. I hope your husband can break free of this slavery someday

• steve2
    steve2

Nah, it's not cult mind control. It's called "too tired and/or stupid to think for oneself".

It's not just the JWs: Lots of idiotic religious groups whip themselves into a frenzy about the nearness of the end that never arrives.

Hell, I swear there's a part of the brain that is just hankering for divine rescue and really wants to believe God will step in and save the world - oh, but only after the believers have had a good time doing what they want to do...heh heh.

• marcopolo
    marcopolo

when in 1978 I have known JW I thought, that not have done in time to end the to study for baptizing that armaghedon would have arrived

puffffffffffffffffffff

• loosie
    loosie

I was born in 1969... I wasn't supposed to start school. I started in 1975 graduated in 1987... now my daughter is starting high school and I am in college.. the end isn't even close.

• TastingFreedom
    TastingFreedom

DUMB FEARMONGERS!!! I dislike anybody who tries to manipulate somone based on fears!

• St George of England
    St George of England
    in fact my daughter would not start school LOL, her son started school 2years ago.

They told my parents that about me in the late 1940's. I think of that every time I pull out my Bus Pass!

George

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

I think the End was in 1975.

I stopped reg. pioneering in '76 -- I felt more than a little used and disappointed. I knew "I" didn't "...move ahead of the org ..." I knew 1975 was where The Organization pointed us. But, my cult fever still held on until I watched my JW mom slowly die (no transfusion) 25 years later. My fever finally broke and I left...

My sweet never-been-a-dub wife says, "Whenever you say, The Organization, it's weird, but, it makes me think about The Mafia...?"

I say, Weeeellll...ya' know...

• agonus
    agonus

The Mafia, eh?

How about "The Party?" ;)

Orweeelll... ya' know...

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Yeah, like the CIA being called, "The Company". The Party, The Organization, The Chairman, etc. there is an implied mystery, darkness and un-spoken hint of secrets and power.

And...it works.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit