2015 DC Invitation

by pixel 43 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

This reminds me of another white guy

Please join me in remembering a great icon of the entertainment community.

The Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection and complications from repeated pokes in the belly.

He was 71.

Doughboy was buried in a lightly greased coffin.

Dozens of celebrities turned out to pay their respects, including Mrs. Butterworth, Hungry Jack, the California Raisins, Betty Crocker, the Hostess
    Twinkies and Captain Crunch.

The grave site was piled high with flours.

Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy and lovingly described Doughboy as a man who never knew how much he was kneaded.

Doughboy rose quickly in show business, but his later life was filled with turnovers. He was not considered a very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on half-baked schemes.

Despite being a little flaky at times, he still, as a crusty old man, was considered a roll model for millions.

Doughboy is survived by his wife, Play Dough; two children John Dough and Jane Dough; plus they had one in the oven.

He is also survived by his elderly father Pop Tart.

The funeral was held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

steve2: "And now its about...why Jesus came? "

Okay, that made me laugh! Am I that "dirty-minded"?

WT was very careful to word it "Why did Jesus come to Earth?" [italics mine]

• rebel8
    rebel8

Sweet Jesus!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

A nice turn around for the son of God. The org chart of a few years ago didn't even mention him, the governing body was shown right below the big J, with no mention of Jesus at all. A remarkable change really. I guess they realized a supposedly Christian religion should at least mention Jesus once in a while, even if the governing body think they are equal to or greater than he is.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Why confuse a so called christian religion with Jesus?

Come on Governing Body...get it right! You don't need Jesus to steal your limelight!

• freein2004
    freein2004
    The ban on tIght pants and spanx is enough! Time for Jesus to bust out of the Jdub closet!
  • factfinder
    factfinder

Thanks for sharing this. It is not up yet on jw.org.

I wonder then if there will be a new book about Jesus released at the convention.

• Prefect
    Prefect

Quarterback

So sad to hear the Pillsbury Doughboy has risen to the great oven in the sky.

RIP Risen in peace.

His inventor has also passed away this week.

See link below for news report.

http://time.com/3770229/pillsbury-doughboy-rudolph-r-perz-obituary/

• defender of truth
    defender of truth
    I just found the picture that LisaRose referred to when she said.."A nice turn around for the son of God. The org chart of a few years ago didn't even mention him, the governing body was shown right below the big J, with no mention of Jesus at all. A remarkable change really."
    For anyone who wants to know what 'chart' she's referring to:
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/255557/know-your-place
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious

I do distinctly remember a book that came out a few years ago that specifically pointed out that Jesus had not YET appointed his belongings to the FDS. Then I remembered how Matthew 24:48-51 and how Jesus would take these away from the evil slave due to his beating of his fellow slaves. While Jesus has not yet arrived yet the belongings have been taken away from the FDS leaves me a bit dumbfounded as to the WT motives. Now this concentration on Jesus putting Jehovah on the back burner perhaps just temporary who knows.

I've always had this feeling that the WT resembled the Antichrist in how they showed shoved Jehovah in everyone's face and Jesus would barely get a nod. Yet in most of Paul's letters and other apostles, it was Jesus first and THEN God. Go figure. They just make it up as they go along. It's almost as funny as the WT saying that prophecy most of the time can only be understood as it's happening or even after it has happened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit