Is the Gospel of Matthew a clever fake ?

by wobble 99 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

PSacramento

My comments expresses the tangle one can get in by refusing to be consistent.

How can you read Mathew chapters23/24 and refer to 'the possible interpretation in it to the fall of Jerusalem?'

Your are a kind and decent man who tries to see goodness and truth in all things. This comes through in every post you make. Alas the world of humans is far more duplicitous than you seem able to accept.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I only ever read the intellectual posts in these threads, like the ones by leo.

If everyone applied this logic to you, you'd never get read.

BTS

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    How can you read Mathew chapters23/24 and refer to 'the possible interpretation in it to the fall of Jerusalem?'
    Your are a kind and decent man who tries to see goodness and truth in all things. This comes through in every post you make. Alas the world of humans is far more duplicitous than you seem able to accept.

Oh, I agree that it does mean that, though it doesn't come out and say, " the romans are gonna kick your asses and turn this plac einto a parking lot".

And IF proof comes out the Matthew was written AFTER the fact, woudl I view it as fake?

Nope.

Why?

Well, many oral stories were written decades or more after they first got told, that is nothing new in History.

It woudl just mean the words got penned decades after they were said.

Remember, I don't view sciptures as inerrant.

Here is a little memo from Jeremiah, one that Jesus accused the scibes also:

8 How can you say, “We are wise,

and the law of the Lord is with us,”

when, in fact, the false pen of the scribes

has made it into a lie?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    I only ever read the intellectual posts in these threads, like the ones by leo. I always ignore the aplogoists now lol, i've come to realise that they have nothing interesting or coherent to say

Yeah, Leo kicks ass and takes names !

Her stuff is one of the reason I come here and get abused, LOL !

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

PSacramento

The world you live in has been carefully crafted, at an uncouncious level, to suit your sensibilities and expectations.

It would be a cruel man who set out to deliberately destroy that world and all it means to you and I am not that man.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Woah BTS if i'd never get read (& i've made a fool of you three times so far in the last few weeks, you've literally run away from threads once i've called you out on your hypocritical bullshit) think where that would leave you? You'd probably be banned from this board for being an excessively pointless poster.

Seriously, go back to the watchtower BTS, you belong there.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

i've made a fool of you three times so far in the last few weeks, you've literally run away from threads once i've called you out on your hypocritical bullshit)

True dat. After he got the smackdown from me he publicly whined he was going to ignore me because i was "following" around and making him look dummber than a bag of hammers.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I agree with you about the implausibility of the trial on Passover night, but I should point out that Greek artos does not refer exclusively to leavened bread. It occurs in the LXX with reference to matzot in Exodus 29:2 LXX, Leviticus 2:4, 8:26 LXX, etc. Similarly it is used the same way by Philo of Alexandria, De Specialibus Legibus 2.158 and Josephus, Antiquitates 3.142, 3.255.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    The world you live in has been carefully crafted, at an uncouncious level, to suit your sensibilities and expectations.
    It would be a cruel man who set out to deliberately destroy that world and all it means to you and I am not that man.

Thanks, I think !

LOL !

I have to send this post to a few army buddies of mine, they'll get a kick out of it. :)

I've been "around the block" quite a bit, I have seen the world, in more ways than I care to remember at times, but I appreciate your sentiment.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Lulz.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit