Just had a yelling match with my JW mom....help

by diana netherton 28 Replies latest jw friends

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

She blames me for everything. I have a conversation with my sister (non JW) and the result is my fault.

I feel suicidal. I've never yelled at my mother and told her she was wrong.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JW moms can be a Pain in the Ass..

One day she will die and you will feel better..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• Altar ego
    Altar ego

Don't do anything stupid Diana. You are not alone in this situation, many here on this board know exactly how you feel.

Your mom's reaction is typical JW reaction....she thinks she's right, and to hell with anybody else's opinion.

• cult classic
    cult classic

If you are suicidal get help asap. If you're depressed get help asap. But whatever do continue to stand up for yourself. If your mom is wrong she's wrong and there is nothing wrong with you standing up to her and saying so.

Cult Classic

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

((Diana)), if you need to talk to someone now I can PM you my phone number. Are you on Skype?

• not a captive
    not a captive

Diana,

Out of control shouting matches unhinge anybody. So you gotta know that first. Don't do anything more unless it is to just cry. Find a way to cry.

When I was still a JW and my 17 year old daughter knew she wasn't going to stay in (She was baptized) I was afraid she would kill herself. She was afraid she would lose me if she left. She didn't kill herself and now I'm out.

Hang on girl. Hang on. Let things settle down. And keep us posted. Maeve

• sacolton
    sacolton

Why not call your mom and patch things up? Just tell her you feel terrible about yelling and you want keep the lines of communication open. No one has to end their life when things can be fixed. Trust me when I say things will get better. Tomorrow is a new day for fresh beginnings.

Hang in there. Stay strong.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Hi Diana,

Hang in there sweetie. If I remember right, you have alot of good things going for you. You are just feeling frustrated right now. As more time goes by the less the JW's will drive you nuts.

Think About It

• asilentone
    asilentone

go rent some funny video. It might change your mood. Seriously, you can talk to the ladies here to spill your guts out. Take care!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You're not alone. I recently had to tell my mother to shut up and let me respond to something that my crazy aunt said to her about me. I did later apologized but added if she was going to accuse me of something she better be ready for me to have my say.

I'm sure it will blow over.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit