What type of sauce or toppings do you like on your steak?

by Heartbreaker 44 Replies latest jw friends

• nelly136
    nelly136

and not having to cook the thing within seconds of cremation to get rid of any sign of blood is just a bonus.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Krauter or Herb Butter

Kräuterbutter is not a spice, but a mixture of herbs (Kräuter in German) and butter (Butter in German (the capital B is how you can tell it's German and not English), which can certainly be spread on French (and other nationalities') bread, but which is also often served with fish, meat, vegetables, pasta, or other dishes.

http://www.ochef.com/1027.htm

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I'm an A1 guy..

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Did you all ever really worry about a rare steak having blood in it? I never did. I'd even see it pooling in the package from the butcher and it never bothered me.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I hear from the famous TV chefs their secret is to put a dab of butter on the steak before serving. A friend put the butter inside hamburgers before grilling and that was a winner.

A great steak doesn't need anything in my book. But I do love blue cheese, carmelized onions and mushrooms, peppercorn sauce, (that cognac thing sounds fantastic!)...and bernaise on red meat. (Hungry now.)

• nelly136
    nelly136

yup, i shoulda known they just make it up as they go along but hey ho i was just a kid, so i didnt like food that visibly had blood in it after it was cooked.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Did you all ever really worry about a rare steak having blood in it?

It never bothered me to have a rare steak, but I always had them well done just so I'd have an excuse to nag my ex about eating meat that was lying in a pool of blood. She would respond in the most condescending way, "That's not blood! It's JUICE!" She was kinda cute when she was mad.

W

• awildflower
    awildflower

Ketchup belongs only on burgers, hot dogs, eggs, and mac 'n cheese.

O god, thought I was the only one

I like creamy horseradish or blue cheese, yummy. That's IF I have a steak at all.

• undercover
    undercover

Ketchup belongs only on burgers, hot dogs, eggs, and mac 'n cheese.

Ketchup belongs only on french fries....and bad ones, like McDonald's, at that. A good french fry doesn't need ketchup even. I don't even keep ketchup in the house... the most useless of all condiments, unless you're a bad cook and you have to hide something...

Speaking of which, I've always wondered this...

Why are some brands of ketchup called 'catsup' instead of 'ketchup'?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I like creamy horseradish or blue cheese, yummy.

I love the horseradish on beef. I like it on hardboiled eggs too. Never tried blue cheese on steak but it sounds like it has possibilities.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit