Try again...DC 2010 Discourse 48

by JWFreak 71 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The caption on screen when Ted "The Boss" Jaracz showed his face read:

"Theodore Jaracz - Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses"

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

Who in the world of Jehovah's Witnesses put this scheme together? Someone, somewhere, on the planet, got a brain fart and the writing committee followed through. The Governing Body needed filler material to send the rank and file home talking about this "Generation Thing" to keep them hopped up on the trip home and there after.

Back to 70AD. Jerusalem falls and that generation ( at the time Jesus called it "This Generation" ) witnessed the fullfillment of all these things that will pass away.

There is no other "Generation" fullfillment. It's over and done with. They know that.

However, the bottom line is that the society will be counting all that "CASH"coming in after the final talk is given at all the conventions.

Sales are good for the Watchtower Society at this time of the years.

Blueblades

• donuthole
    donuthole

I just don't get why they are so heavily promoting one of the most insane teachings they have come up with in recent years. The pattern before this was to quietly introduce new teachings, not shine a spotlight on them. The past two generation teachings were a bit of stretch but still servicable this one defies all logic and reason.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I honestly think, donuthole, that they are intentionally trying to drive out the free thinkers in their midst. They would much prefer having 4 million ultra-devoted Witnesses than 8 million who for the most part aren't buying their doctrines.

• undercover
    undercover

Ya might have something there Sweeney. It seems like after the 75 debacle they realized that even though they lost some big numbers, the core believers toughed it out and were the WTS' strongest defenders.

So as time goes by, prophecies fail and people mutter and complain, you throw some fucked up new teaching out there that the free thinkers and doubters waken up to and they take their exit, leaving behind the staunch defenders of the faith.

Another 15-20 years go by and you purge again.

Rinse and repeat...

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I am wondering the same Mad Sweeney. It's as if they are offering people the opportunity to take umbridge.

• besty
    besty

I don't think they are that conniving with regard to the rank and file.

Don't forget the people who author this drivel are captives of a concept as well.

• agonus
    agonus

"there are 14 definitions for the word 'generation'"

So the dictionary has about as many definitions of "generation" as the WT has ;)

I've wondered if this crap is intentional "sifting" as well. The problem is, as long as the shunning policy applies in the case of voluntary DAs, people will stay in for family no matter what.

If the WT wants to know who is truly loyal... drop the shunning policy in cases of voluntary DAs. The truly loyal will stay, those staying in for the wrong reasons - which they don't want - will leave. It really is that simple.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

this is just a great resource

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I don't think they are that conniving with regard to the rank and file.

Don't forget the people who author this drivel are captives of a concept as well.

I'm not sure I believe they actually plan these things for the sole purpose of weeding people out BUT when they're hashing out a major doctrine change like this, the question of what percentage of folks won't buy it HAS TO come up and be addressed. I think when an idea like this is proposed, for whatever initial reason, SOMEONE on the body must say "but there are going to be those who refuse to accept this adjustment" and then a discussion would likely ensue about how large a number that might be and the obvious conclusion is "good riddance to those who won't listen to us; they're a poison in the congregation anyways." So it ends up a weeding out proccess as a by-product; it isn't that they PLAN it that way but I am sure that they KNOW it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit