Try again...DC 2010 Discourse 48

by JWFreak 71 Replies latest jw friends

• JWFreak
    JWFreak

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ghnjmmoymjw/DCTALK48.pdf

Just uploaded page 2...not 1 or 3 as they are of no interest.

This talk is only given by GB members or branch committee members

Enjoy

JWF

• NotBlind
    NotBlind

Interesting how they try to explain this.... again.

Of interest is the new DVD that will evidently be coming out "Jehovahs Witnesses, Faith in Action - Out of Darkness"

They mention how Fred Franz was a 'contemporary' of many of the younger anointed. Of course, although even that is a stretch, the Bible never uses the word 'contemporary' in that specific context. The word is 'generation'. Who really believes that Freddie Franz, a man who grew up literally in horse-and-buggy days, is of the same generation as the 35-year-old elder who started partaking 6 weeks ago?

I'm assuming this is the concluding talk of the district convention.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Jesus. All I can think is "yeah, but josephs brothers literally were a generation, siblings born to a parent. There weren't two groups making up that generation, just the one, the siblings. In this case, you have a bunch of different people who can be up to 75 years apart in age you are trying to make into a "generation"".

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Actually, it could be over 100 years apart in age. CTR was born in 1852. The current members of the GB younger than 58 would be born over 100 years apart from CTR.

• donuthole
    donuthole

The Joseph analogy simply doesn't fly and reveals just how desperate the GB is trying to substantiate this new teaching with Biblical support.

This again proves that they are only envisioning two overlapping groups comprising "the generation" and not multiple overlaps as had been speculated originally.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Someone should mail a bunch of different dictionaries to the WBTS. EVIDENTLY, they don't have one.

I mean seriously, if that's not onoe of the biggest insults to human intelligence... nvm, everything the WBTS teaches is the biggest insult to human intelligence....

Thanks for posting JWF!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Could this whole thing really just be the result of one GB member screwing around with the rest of them and they mistakenly bought it? That's exactly what this mess seems like.

I'm sick to my stomach after reading that outline.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

They say :

"A generation consists of contemporaries - individuals who live at the same time"

In fact, it does not mean that. When applied to non family people it refers to people of approximately the same age who are linked by some common interest. e g, "The I Pod generation. or "The hippie generation"

The word contemporary does not feature in The Bible Text but since they have raised it, The Oxford English Dictionary says

• noun (pl. contemporaries) 1 a person or thing existing at the same time as another. 2 a person of roughly the same age as another.

— ORIGIN Latin contemporarius, from tempus ‘time’.

Again, it is persons of roughly the same age.....Now I am not a language expert of course, but if you compare my lifetime with say Albert Einstein who died in 1955, we overlapped, but are we contemporaries? I contend that we were so , but only for the few years between my birth and his death . Any other thoughts?

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

Hahaha, I asked my husband if he believed in 2 groups of anointed, and he was all confused and said no. I'll have to ask him again in a few months I guess.

Thank you for posting this! EVIDENTLY their new explanation is really not making any sense...maybe they should try The Who:

"Why don't you all f-fade away (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
    And don't try to dig what we all s-s-say (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
    I'm not trying to cause a big s-s-sensation (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
    I'm just talkin' 'bout my g-g-g-generation (Talkin' 'bout my generation)"

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

The web address above leads to a "deleted file" statement. Any help out there?

Marvin Shilmer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit