Try again...DC 2010 Discourse 48

by JWFreak 71 Replies latest jw friends

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Indoctrinated little birds will willingly take what mother bird feeds them.

Thank goodness the organization is providing new light, I was starting to have my doubts that this whole

end times doctrine and a new system of things was just a self imposed marketing scheme by a religious publishing house.

Where would the world be without people like C T Russell and Judge Rutherford.

• dudeson
    dudeson

Neither link works for me. Mediafire says deleted and Sendspace gives me "HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found" error when I hit the download button.

• pirata
    pirata

The outline says:

"For example, Exodus 1:6 refers to Joseph and "all his brothers" as "all that generation"

Ten of Joseph's brothers witnessed events that occurred before Joseph's birth; at least two of his brothers lived on after his death

Although ages varied, these contemporaries were viewed as one generation."

However, taken in context, it seems that Exodus 1:6 does NOT indicate that "all that generation" refers to "Joseph" and "all his brothers"

Exodus 1:1-4 list all of Joseph's brothers who came into Egypt. Exodus 1:5, states "and all the souls who issued out of Jacob's upper thigh came to be seventy souls, but Joseph was already in egypt".

Exodus 1:6 (NWT) says: "Eventually Joseph died, and also all his brothers and all that generation".

Thus logically shouldn't Joseph refers to Joseph, all his brothers refers to all his brothers (vs 1-4), and "all that generation" refers to Jacob's grandchildren (the "seventy souls" who came out of his "upper thigh")?

• yknot
    yknot

Okay I am still able to access both links but here is an additional one....... if it too has problems let me know!

http://www.4shared.com/document/8CKTHokK/DCTALK481.html

remember......ciruclate, circulate, circulate! (email it, FB it, talk it, accidently leave it laying around!)

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

hmmmm

none of the links work for me!

help!!!!!

oz

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

ah! got it now! thankyou Yknot

i like it when they refer to Russell in such glowing terms... opens the way for all his rubbish to be thrown at JW's since they still think him so current!

Think all pages would be good to have as well even if not interesting.

oz

• agonus
    agonus

"What a glorious feeling it was to be free from bondage to a religious system that was teaching falsehoods!"

I know the feeling, Fredster...

• metatron
    metatron

All I can say, is Pirata and Sir82, Thank YOU !!!

As I've said before, the Governing Body isn't all that bright. This whole 'generation' thing is a stupid waste of time. No one seems to understand it and it isn't effective in creating any sort of immediacy of Armageddon. I can't figure out why they are emphasizing this nonsense.

So, it boils down to 'a guy who knew a guy', right? In a few years, what? 'a guy who knew a guy who knew a guy'?

Of course, there's no point in even bringing up the fact that the entire interpretation is bogus and utterly out of context. The 'blood of all the prophets' was going to be required of the 'generation, as the intro to Matt 24.

metatron

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Thanks JWFreak and YKnot,

Has anyone noticed the confusion over Freddy's year of baptism. Now that he's up-there he's still screwing things up! And, a DATE of all things! I guess he could not bring himself to spit out 1914 one more time.

Marvin Shilmer

• yknot
    yknot

Great now I have a picture of all the WT anointed leaders sitting up in heaven.........not saying a word just staring each other down in sheer disgust of having to work together.

The other anointed outside of the door demanding equal rights and bickering on whose suppose to be there and when they were resurrected and of what generation!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit