Sister in my Congregation claims Jehovah always answers her prayers....including her new skirt and shoes for $20 bucks???

by Witness 007 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• man in black
    man in black

when she said "I wanted a new skirt and shoes" that was the kicker.

She WANTED it,,,,,, what a materialistic, selfish person she is.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

One brother I knew ran into an old bible study at the store and the guy said he would "think about" starting up his old study. The brother cited that as clear proof of Jehovah directing him to this person. I was thinking "hmmm....we live in small town and you ran into him at the only hardware store in town. heck, I ran into you twice there last month....what is that proof of?"

wacky...

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I still say that there is no way to determine if it is a 'blessing from Jah', or a 'Test by Satan'.

Even they know that even if they 'pray silently' satan knows their deepest desires - and could be putting 'new things' in their way as something to 'stumble' them.

(It's all hooey!)

Regards,

Jim TX

• JWoods
    JWoods

Well, as materialistic as it is (in a small way) - she had an example straight from the Society.

I remember very well in the early 1970s when they wanted to go to computerized type setting and offset printing, the Society kept putting out garbage on how "Jehovah provided a way for them because IBM made a special deal on computer systems" and such. It was taken as a direct sign of divine intervention.

So the WTBTS has long done this very thing themselves.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Yeah, well maybe he answers my prayers too even though I have been a 'fader' for at least ten years and have no direct contact with the congregation.

I had help from so-called worldly people when I had a medical emergency once and on another time needed a minor surgery. I am not just being sarcastic. I am serious.

• awildflower
    awildflower

I had a CO once who counseled the congregation and told them pretty much the same thing. Quit crediting Jehovah and the angels for everything that happens. They don't work that way. He explained it all in such a rational way that was so UN-Dub-like that all I could think at the time was "this is the coolest CO I've ever had." Looking back, I wonder whether he was of the conscious class.

It sounds like he had some awareness to him, that was awesome!

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

It's not hard to get a new skirt and shoes at Goodwill, Salvation Army or a garage sale.

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

An offshoot of Jwoods post, I can recall on a tour of Bethel, the story of needing to move this impossibly heavy piece of equipment, from one building to another. Of course there was a deadline, and it didn't seem that it'd happen.

Miraculously in NEW YORK, there was an ice storm, and wouldn't you know this IMPOSSIBLY heavy piece was able to slide right on to the new building. Jehovah provided the storm!!

What a bunch of bunk.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Miraculously in NEW YORK, there was an ice storm, and wouldn't you know this IMPOSSIBLY heavy piece was able to slide right on to the new building. Jehovah provided the storm!!

What a bunch of bunk.

What did they do? Leave the doors and windows open so the ice could get inside the building for it to slide on? That is really the limit of stupid.

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

JWs have always and will always have 'fables' to share with each other about unexplained phenomenon...it's really pathetic if you ask me. I swear, Disney ain't got NUTHIN on a JW story! -hahahahaha

What always seemed to boggle my mind was that it was always the 'nutty' people that SWORE something paranormal happened to them and they immediately gave credit to Jehovah - which is fine. BUT I don't get why Jehovah picks-n-chooses the ones he WILL help, know what I mean? So this sister in the org post claims Jehovah got her clothes and shoes, yet he lets ANOTHER JW across the country suffer without shoes? He will give a pioneer in the backwoods veggies off a truck but won't give food to a FAMILY that is starving cause the dad lost his job and can't provide? I just don't BUY that stuff...a loving God chooses to help ALL - not just a few.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit