Sister in my Congregation claims Jehovah always answers her prayers....including her new skirt and shoes for $20 bucks???

by Witness 007 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

To show you how dumb and shallow my Congregation is a one of our "deeper" sisters claimed in field services that "Jehovah answers all my prayers...like last week I wanted a new skirt and shoes for field service but only had $20 dollars....and would you believe I found them!!! Now I for one though well, why didn't you pray or the oil pipe in the Mexican gulf to dry up...or food for the poor in Haiti. Other Pioneers tell of vegetables falling off trucks just when they had nothing for dinner????....so I wonder is Jehovah too friggin busy helping out the little things of Jehovahs Witnesses to stop Tsunami's and Earthquakes?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

P.S - Australia is good but I would say she got them as Prince would say "....at the second hand store."

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Well, shit, 007, that is a damn good deal. I believe her.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

FS is so pointless and depressing I am not surprised she made up that story. It would be the only positive thing that would happen in years of knocking on doors.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Why does she think she is so righteous that God made sure she had a skirt & shoes for just the amount she could afford when........

millions of children don't have skirts or shoes to clothe them or a roof over their heads

millions have to scratch around in the dirt for a grain of rice to put in their mouths.

when so many children are forced to work long hours of back breaking toil in dangerous mining or manufacturing industries.

when many thousands of kids are brutally sexually abused or young girls raped & made to do unspeakable things to satisfy filthy greasy sweaty men

However good ole Jah made sure this woman had a skirt & shoes for selling the Watchtower??????????????

ARRRRRRRRGH the self righteous pillocks

• designs
    designs

The belief in divine intervention, supernatural serendipity, paranormal activity etc. runs through most Religions. We had our own superstitious beliefs about demons and angels. I feel like I have gone from beating on a log around a camp fire and ancestor worship to the space age in a very short period of time...Thankfully.

................changing at the speed of light

ain't it Grand

• Scully
    Scully

How pathetically self-absorbed. I'm imagining someone in an old beat up car in disrepair, who has a wallet full of cents-off coupons for their groceries, and a wardrobe that teleports you back to the 80s, cast-offs from peoples' closets, outside the thrift store praying for just such a bargain. She must be trying to justify continuing pioneering.

I suppose, though, that she only bothers to pray for "the little things" because she has no hope of Jehovah hearing prayers for anything beyond the tiny little selfish universe that revolves around her.

• zoiks
    zoiks

This is so common among the dubs that I know. Everything- EVERYTHING- is Jehovah's doing. Recently I heard, "We got a great deal on plane tickets to Costa Rica! Jehovah knows we really need a vacation."

• chickpea
    chickpea

man... talk about self-aggrandizing!

like was already said, if this deluded individual
    TRULY has the charm of unfettered access to
    the magic of her god, her priorities need adjusting!

• Mary
    Mary
    "Jehovah answers all my prayers...like last week I wanted a new skirt and shoes for field service but only had $20 dollars....and would you believe I found them!!! Now I for one though well, why didn't you pray or the oil pipe in the Mexican gulf to dry up...or food for the poor in Haiti.

Oh now come on people.....are you really trying to compare the two?? We all know that a sister being modestly dressed for Field Serve-Us is far more important than trivial little things like a major oil leak that has the potential to kill off various species in the Gulf Coast. As for the people in Haiti, well.....we all know that they're voodoo-practicing worshippers of Satan, so why would Jehovah answer their prayers?

Unfortunately, this is indeed the warped thinking of many Dubs who think that Jehovah is like a genie in a bottle----He'll grant all your wishes, as long as it has something to do with the WTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit