What I hate most about missing the meetings...

by gutted 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• gutted
    gutted

...is when people ask why I wasn't there. Usually I tell them, that I was sick, or not feeling well, which for the most part is true. What is irritating is when someone presses it, especially someone you are closer with in the congregation. How did you faders deal with this?

• White Dove
    White Dove

Why do you ask?

Why do you want to know?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

When I was fading, people did ask but I didn't really answer.

"We missed you at the last meeting."

"Thank you. I missed you too."

"So where were you?"

"I wasn't here. Don't you concern yourself with that."

They eventually got the hint that I wasn't going to tell them anything.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

At this time I don't wish to discuss that with you. Perhaps another time.

LD

• White Dove
    White Dove

I actually want them to confess and say why they want to know. I know they won't answer, but then I can say what Jesus said: Then I'm not telling you why I wasn't here :P

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

haha White Dove I did that too ......Why weren't you at the last meeting Troubled mind ? /.....Why do you need to know , Sister busybody ?

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Just stop going to all of them. Then nobody can ask you where you were.

• moshe
    moshe

Whats' wrong? You missed a wonderful WT study gutted.

---yeah, I know I did, it's not my fault, you see I'm under house arrest on weekends, so you won't be seeing me much at the meetings for the next year. No, I can't talk about the problem- a Judge's gag order, you know.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Not going for 3 years and regularly for about 7 seems to have solved that problem for me.

Of course, I moved where no one here even knows I'm a JW and they never will, so I never get asked that question anyway.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Respond: "In the New System, I'll be perfect, just like you. In the meantime, I'll miss a few meetings."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit