What I hate most about missing the meetings...

by gutted 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They more wonder which congregation I am now going to, to which I never give a straight answer. As for missing a "good study", I find an even better one on this site.

• nugget
    nugget

I am very evasive, and never give a direct answer and change the subject very quickly .....

"Yeah it seems ages since I have been there, by the way how's the new.........................................? Great talking to you, see soon Take Care.!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Its so bad that good people have to evade and dodge the truth of the issues because of the power of the cult...how dare they make us dishonest...stinks doesnt it?

Loz x

• chickpea
    chickpea

what chapped me was the people who never
    bothered to speak to you at the hall suddenly
    thinking they were to be made privy to info that
    might be of a highly personal nature.....

a genuine response of mine to said people:
    what on earth makes you think i would have
    THAT conversation with YOU?

talk about a conversation stopper.....

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

You hit it, chickpea. I started getting emails and lunch invites from a guy AFTER I quit going to meetings who NEVER emailed, had lunch with me, or had my family to his house to visit while I was IN. I just KNOW he was digging for information. I actually took him up on his lunch offer and left it to him to pick a date and time, then I never heard from him again.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Lets see, I did the instant fade thing. Email was not around then. All I did was changed my phone # and put up a do not disturb sign on my door.

They did knock for like 2 years. For 2 years they did not understand what do not disturb meant.

Like 12 years ago some lady "sister" asked me if I was a "brother" and looked at her like she was some kind of nut. I said I am my brother's brother but he lives out of town. wtf. She got really embrased and said never mind.

• monkeyman
    monkeyman

Ah, yes we are trained to be judgemental. If we notice people missing meetings and we are trained that you shouldnt miss meetings, then we feel superior to those missing meetings.

Then, we feel justified in inquiring as to their whereabouts so we can feel more superior if their answers dont measure up. We do that subtly with "we missed you". This is designed to elicit an explaination. It really means "where were you"? Since there is no valid reason for missing meetings, any explaination is invalidated.

Ah, the love.

• monkeyman
    monkeyman

No wonder so many are on anti depression drugs.

• teel
    teel
    We do that subtly with "we missed you". This is designed to elicit an explaination. It really means "where were you"?

... all the while to a not so astute observer it would seem they really care, and show love.

• peaches
    peaches

just tell them you have heard about some really nasty rumors being said about you,,,and you do not have the ability to face anyone...tell them you had to get some antidepressants from your doctor....and he said for you to stay away until you are stronger mentally and can deal with the abuse...

lay on some guilt...they go....peaches

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit