What I hate most about missing the meetings...

by gutted 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Meetings? What are you talking about ? I don't know anything about any meetings. just play dumb to the whole affair I'm sorry you must have the wrong person I've never seen you before anyway "have a nice day" it's so tempting to try something like that.

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

I didnt go on Thursday (reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllly toooooooooo tired!!!). My husband went alone with the kids. And yesterday none of us went to the meeting (looooooong nap). This morning, we received the visit of a verrrrrrrrry niiiiiice elder(our ex BS-Elder): he just wanted to know if we were ok. If the kids were ill. I just ignored his questions and invited him to come in. We just talk about his holiday and then watched some pictures of our winter holidays in the Caribbean and then he left...I don't know how I'm going to do the coming weeks or months as I'm a new "believer" of the truth about "the truth". We've got a special meeting in Austria on June 8th (all Austrian JW are invited to come to Vienna) and I'm really curious about what they are going to tell us. I also plan to go to the DC in July and after that I think that will be all. I don't want to be part of it anymore. I've learnt to much about the borg in the past 2 weeks. Enough is enough. Hope my husband will follow. I try to sow seeds...hope they will grow. I don't want to traumatize our to little girls.

Desillusionnee

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

Maybe something like~~Well I wouldn't say i "missed" them exactly, I felt rather RELIEVED not going. (they'll probably secretly wish they were missing more themselves, and who knows, maybe eventually listen to that feeling and leave as well) This can only happen if a person stops to listen to their inner voice ..

~~letting the fade-out gain momentum, yeah!! Elivis has left the building!! Yeah!!

• leo999
    leo999

Oh I get this a lot too , and usually say ...Ive missed you too , please do come by and visit us whenever you want ....we are always there .

Somehow they never do :) The rumour must have got around that we are verging on apostate .

Leo999

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I know how annoying this question can be especially when it is accompanied by a thinly veiled tone of condescension. This is usually noted moreso afer an "encourage the weak ones or invite a backslider to the hall " talk has been given. It is pretty annoying to have someone view you as a weak one in need of encouragement especially when they don't really know you.

Its a no win situation though...when they didn't ask I'd think they didn't care...when they did ask, it annoys me. I'd take this into consideration at the time which helped me not to overreact. However there was one sister that without fail would insist on asking me (loudly) where I've been...or say " I haven't seen you at the meetings lately" I ended this by saying "Well Mary, it would help if you'd show up at the hall once in awhile !" I gave her a wink and started talking to someone else.

• moshe
    moshe

Uhh, I see Gutted left the building over two weeks ago. Maybe he really did miss those KH meetings. barf-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit