Satans tools, Satans fools.

by Weeping 265 Replies latest jw friends

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

Yawn. About 78% of my nerdy friends are WOW-heads and they even got me to try playing it a few times. It's plenty annoying, but none of us have been possessed by Satan yet.

Oh, and they also play Dungeons & Dragons. Again, while it was never my thing, we're all leading happy and productive lives.

• dinah
    dinah

Real minions of The Great Lucifer play Werewolf.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Hehe

• shamus100
    shamus100

DINAH!!!!

Lookit brizzy, you were one of those people... I hope past-tense is correct too.

Kiss me!

• dinah
    dinah

I'm scared of the Debil.

Beks! Hold me!! (and congratulations)

• shamus100
    shamus100

I am coming for you and your dead cat, Dinah!

• dinah
    dinah
    I am coming for you and your dead cat, Dinah!

You leave Mama Cat alone!! She had her paws full right now!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Geez you're so late Weeping, Dungens and Dragons is 36 years old. You're too damn late.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Yep, and I played many long hours of D&D, while smoking pot and drinking......well, pepsi, still no desire to worship satan.

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

Shamus,

I credit those D&D-ers with jump-starting my cognitive dissonance!

I was a 12-year-old freshman in high school (so already the JWs considered me too damn smart for my own good), and I befriended all the nerdy seniors and college freshmen who let me sneak off and hang out with them on beanbags while they roleplayed. At first when I figured out what they were doing, I was freaked out because all my life I'd heard of the eeeeeevils of D&D. But then, they were also the first people to treat me normally, like a mascot or a little sister (who just happened to be brainwashed) and I didn't want to lose the little human contact I had, and the feeling of being included. So once I realized things weren't levitating and nobody was being possessed, just nerdy, I shrugged my shoulders and said "to hell with it".

13 years on and I haven't seen any goats slaughtered yet. A couple of them are Christians, some are atheists, one is in law school, one is making movies, and they've all (finally) managed to move out of their parents' houses...they're doing OK ;) I think it's way better that I came across people who were willing to be patient with me as I grew out of my Witness-dom, and include me in innocuous and harmless activities, than if I had fallen into promiscuity, drug abuse, etc. I love my nerds.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit