607 B.C.E. - A Trip To The Local Library! With Pictures!

by mentallyfree31 74 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cantleave
    cantleave

Good work

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I have just created a Step-By-Step Worksheet to take a JW through this process. I couldn't figure a way to ensure the file can't be traced to me and my computer (any advice would be appreciated on this). But in the meantime, I will place the text below. Hope it is helpful to someone.

A Biblical History Research Project

Using the Watchtower Library CD-Rom and any secular encyclopedia (Americana, Brittanica, Wikipedia, World Book, etc.) to prove the accuracy of some of Watchtower’s dates relating to the kings of Babylon.

Once your Watchtower Library Program is running complete the following steps:

(You will proceed through several steps of research, filling in your answers below as you work through the study.)

1. In the Watchtower Library CD program, click “All Publications”, then double-click “The Watchtower,” double-click “1959-1950 Watchtower,” double-click on “The Watchtower – 1955,” scroll down and double-click on “2/1 Questions From Readers.” Scroll down to the end of the article and count back to the fourth-to-last paragraph, that begins with, “It is well…” Read it carefully, and you may even want to print it out or copy -> paste it into a document on your computer.

2. Type “Last supreme monarch of the Babylonian” in the Search box and hit ‘enter.’

You will find one search result from the Insight Book. Open the Insight article and read the first paragraph. Write down the name of the king and the years he ruled on the first line below. (Remember we’re in BCE here, so the numbers go from higher to lower; for example someone may have been born in 975 BCE and died in 914 BCE so their life would be shown as 975-914 BCE.)

Also, read the first sentence of the sixth paragraph in this Insight article and note the name of the Babylonian king who ruled before this last one.

3. Type the name of this penultimate Babylonian king into the Search box and hit ‘enter.’

One of your search results will come from The Watchtower. Double-click “The Watchtower,” then double-click “1969-1960 Watchtower,” then double-click “The Watchtower – 1965,” then double-click “1/1 The Rejoicing of the Wicked is Short-Lived.”

The program will take you to the paragraph where this king’s name appears and it will tell you exactly when he reigned. Write his name and the time period he reigned below.

That same paragraph also tells you what the king before him, his father, was named. (Hint: in case the number of strange names is confusing, you’re looking for a name that starts with “N” and not the guy with the hyphenated name.)

4. You do not need to type the name of the previous king’s father (this is the third-to-last king of Babylon) in the Search box. The search would bring you right back to this same paragraph.

In the first sentence of that paragraph you see how many years that king reigned. Put his name and the years he reigned (you can calculate the years he reigned based on the total length of his reign and the year the king in “Search #3” began ruling.) You also see the name of the king who preceded him, the king with the hyphenated name.

The length of the reign of this king with the hyphenated name is also in this paragraph, so you can add his name and regnal years to the list below now, as well.

5. Enter the name of the king with the hyphenated name into the Search box and hit ‘enter.” (we still need to find out who ruled before him.)

There are several results. Double-click on “Insight,” then double-click “Insight-Volume 1,” then double-click on the king with the hyphenated name’s name.

The very first phrase of the Insight article names the king he succeeded.

6. Enter the name of that prior king (hint: he’s relatively famous) into the Search box of Watchtower Library and hit ‘enter.’

Double-click on “Books,” then double-click on “Daniel’s Prophecy (dp),” then double click “4 The Rise and Fall of an Immense Image.”

Scroll down to paragraph 9 and read the first sentence. Calculate and write this king’s regnal years and name on the list below.

7. Type this same king’s name in the Search box again (it may still be there) and hit the ‘enter’ key.

Double-click “Insight,” then double-click “Insight, Volume 2,” then scroll down and double-click on this king’s name.

Scroll down to the 5 th paragraph. Approximately in the middle of this paragraph is a statement in parentheses that looks something like: “(KingName’s #th year if counting from his accession year or his #th regnal year).” Subtract the second number in that statement from the first year of this king’s reign. Write that year number on the chart below beside “Calculated Year Using CD-ROM Data.”

Now look up this king’s name in any encyclopedia (even Wikipedia!) and find the date given for this same event. It matches the date as calculated using Watchtower Library CD-ROM dates!

Now what? Compare the date you calculated using the Watchtower Library CD-ROM with even more encyclopedias. You will find they ALL agree to within one year in either direction.

King’s Name

Regnal Years (eg. 975-914)

Last king:

2 nd to last king:

3 rd to last king:

4 th from last:

5 th from last:

Calculated Year Using CD-ROM Data:

Year Given by Secular Encyclopedia(s):

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

By the way, do whatever you want with this (I don't claim to 'own' it) and all suggestions are more than welcome.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Instead of telling your Dubbie how to do it (and identifying yourself as an Apostate) ask them to produce for you a list of years from 625-539BC showing which king reigned in each year and quoting their sources.

If they need a hint on how to do it, tell them to use the search function on their WTCD to get the lengths of the reigns for each king.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I have plenty of literature here that confirms 586/7, some of it rescued from my father's rubbish bag just after I had discussed the subject with him. He knows I took them, but he couldn't complain without appearing to be a cult member, which he pretends he isn't.

I have never taken the time to scan or photograph documentation for the lengths of the reigns of the kings of the period because the WT confirms them in their own litteratrash. My Dubbies wouldn't read it anyway. They treat eveything I show them as Apostate literature including their own Bible and magazines.

Cheers

Chris

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Mentallyfree31,

Thank you so much for taking the time to take pictures of your findings and posting them for all to see! There are MANY lurkers here who will no doubt be shocked to see this for themselves. It is one thing for someone to say 607 has no proof outside the Societys literature, but it is quite another thing to see it for your self!

I will NEVER forget the evening I stayed up all night frantically trying to find proof for 607 outside the Societys literature. I had 2 sets of Encyclopedias at home, and was in shock when I saw the exact same thing as what you have posted here.

I even went to the British Museum online and looked at the cuneiform tablet of this event, and it too said 586-587. It was absolutley SHOCKING!! When I discovered this I wanted answers..I even had an elder tell me "There IS NO PROOF for 607!!" UNBELIEVABLE!!! As you all know, this date is the foundation to almost everything the organization teaches, and is what gives them their authority.

I pray that those of you that are lurking research this yourself. Try and find something, anything OUTSIDE of the Societys literature that proves 607. I tried for MONTHS because I couldn't believe it was true. Finally I realized I had been lied to my whole life. Remember, Jehovah wants us to worship him with "spirit and truth".

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• garyneal
    garyneal

Sad thing is, not all Jehovah's Witnesses go to meetings for the truth. This is certainly the case for my wife.

She and I went to the library and researched the destruction of Jerusalem. We looked through some of the same encyclopedias pictured here (good job by the way). None of them agreed with the Watchtower teachings of 607 B.C.E..

We got to her mom's house where she has a small library consisting of WT books. I pulled out the red book, "You Can Live Forever In Paradise On Earth." I showed her the chronology and what the said happened on 607 B.C.E.. The encyclopedias did not agree with the book.

Her parents tried to help, pulling out Insite books and looking up the subject. All of the years in the Insite books were 20 years off.

Finally, they called an elder from one of the congregations in our hometown. He basically speaks like scholar and managed to cast doubt for the time being. It wasn't long after that before I bought the book, "The Gentile Times Reconsidered."

In spite of the facts, my wife chooses to believe that the Society really really researches their material. Poor girl, she is only in da troof because she is so afraid that she will die if she isn't. So so so so so so sooooooooooooo sad.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Lady Liberty - I clearly remember the day I deconstructed 607 / 1914 back in December 2009. I didn't sleep much for 4 days I was so shocked. It was the weirdest feeling. I just kept saying all night long for 4 nights "can this really be true that I'm in a cult and have been fooled?" LOL!

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Lady Liberty - I clearly remember the day I deconstructed 607 / 1914 back in December 2009. I didn't sleep much for 4 days I was so shocked. It was the weirdest feeling. I just kept saying all night long for 4 nights "can this really be true that I'm in a cult and have been fooled?" LOL!

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

russell came up with 607 by counting backward 2520 years from 1914.he was in error on all his timetables just like many in his day.the difference is that a worldwide religion was built upon his falicies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit