607 B.C.E. - A Trip To The Local Library! With Pictures!

by mentallyfree31 74 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Scott77
    Scott77

MF31,

Excellent, great job.

• crownboy
    crownboy

Thanks for the great work .

• possible-san
    possible-san

mentallyfree31.

Thank you for showing us valuable materials.

Well, however, I think that you also surely know that Jehovah's Witnesses put faith in the Bible instead of those materials.
    Therefore, for them, I think that their faith is not overthrown by the evidence which you showed, IMO.

First of all, both have only 20 years of difference.
    Probably they/GB (The fakes anointed born after 1935) can also change the 1914 doctrine.
    What is necessary is just to shift that date 20 years later (1934/1935).

jehovahsheep.

russell came up with 607 by counting backward 2520 years from 1914.

Although your explanation is interesting, I think that that is not a fact, IMO.

Moreover, Russell said that it is "606 B.C." (STUDIES IN THE SCRIPTURES, SERIES II, Written in 1888 by Russell)
    http://www.strictlygenteel.co.uk/timeisathand/study4.html

Probably, after Russell's death, the insincere fellows manipulated figures by dishonest means.

possible

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Great work! Thanks for going to the trouble to do this.

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

Thanks a lot mentallyfree, I'll show it to my husband.

• glenster
    glenster

Library tip: if the library you're in doesn't have the book/DVD/etc. you want, ask the librarian to send for it as an interlibrary loan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interlibrary_loan

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Great tip Glenster. Thanks!

• Terry
    Terry

Terry - your idea is fantastic. I've always wondered if a mass anonymous mailout would yield results. I'm sure it would open some eyes. It would certainly get people talking and who knows, maybe actually thinking too.

The effectiveness of an ANONYMOUS mailout is that the person receiving it will conclude ONE OF THE OTHER BROTHERS in the congregation is

communicating with them secretly and pay closer attention.

Imagine opening an unmarked envelope and seeing clear scans of obviously legitimae texts, commentaries, dicitionaries, bible guides from all different publishers, authors and denominations patently disproving a KEY doctrine!

You would look at everything with greater curiousity if there were additional explanatory text. You'd have a PUZZLE you'd want to solve. You'd ask around. You'd show it to friends. It might even cause a sensation.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? would be on the lips of a great many people.

Who sent it--would be less of an issue.

Anybody who immediately wanted to claim it was phoney would be led to the library to PROVE it was. And imagine the surprise when it wasn't!

• not a captive
    not a captive

Thanks for doing the homework on this, mentallyfree. If the WTS believes it stands on facts then they must let this information sink them. But facts are not what floats their boat (not that faith floats it either or they wouldn't tyrannize people who follow Jesus). Faith is not the sum of numbers.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo
    I like the info in the youtube video but the narrator sounds condescending and smarmy. (no offense if you're a member here, bro)

I think what the creator of this youtube video is trying to do is act the way some Jdub elders might act if trying to establish a watchtower point of view.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit