Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian

by thetrueone 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• White Dove
    White Dove

I love the list!

I find the most ridiculous belief is the one where a teenage girl gets knocked up and claims that God is the father. Then they say the belief is not mythological.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

One thing that is certain is fundamentalism is truly a dangerous and damaging ideology to embrace

and structure a society on, whatever religious direction you follow.

On the other hand a humanistic ideology has within itself a open mindedness that withholds the statues of compassion

and empathy to individuals but can also change when needed and appropriate..

• startingover
  • freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

Yes , the narrow thinking should have died off in the Dark Ages

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Most of them will not accept that their religion could have problems and still have value. This is what stops them from improving--if someone were to accept that a religion could be only 85% correct and still be of value, that would allow for faults without having people stampeding for the exits or closing their minds off. It would also allow for people to improve the religions by fixing the faults, without expectations of perfection.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Finally. Some "proof" that I am NOT a "fundamentalist" (thank you, dear TTO, and peace to you!). Now, if only someone would tell the folks that keep thinking/saying I am.

Peace!

An absolutely non-fundamentalistic slave of Christ,

SA

• Caedes
    Caedes

If the definition of a fundamentalist is someone who believes the entire bible is the inerrant word of god then by that definition there are no fundamentalists, since most christians don't follow all the rules laid out in the bible. Most fundamentalists pick and choose what parts of leviticus they follow.

• designs
    designs

David Letterman sends his Thanks!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You speak of Jesus' death as if he was the only person in existence who had ever been tortured.

You believe you have a higher understanding as a Christian, yet on discussion forums you take every last thing literally and satire goes right over your head.

You believe the moral structure of society is decaying at alarming rates and we were better off by standards of ancient times- enslaving people, stoning people, keeping women subservient.

You take the strength of scientific method which is that it updates itself and claim it is a flaw because science is unreliable.

You actually think you can convert atheists, even though YOU PERSONALLY remind them of all the reasons why they are not Christian.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit