Being a mother in the US

by InquiryMan 18 Replies latest social current

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    even the evilizing of sex during pregnancy

I'm still waiting on an answer well I should say I'm waiting for some clarity on that jab cuz last I heard (and yeah what I know from being pregnant four times!) sex during pregnancy is fine unless there's complications with said pregnancy.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

ok, ok.......... it's that some people still have religious views that a woman should not be touched during pregnancy.

anyway, the only thing I personally feel that the us should do better is to help parents with better child care subsidies....... it is very expensive and to some people it is un-affordable

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

It was a study made by the Save the Children Foundation.

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

A few issues I've got to get over before considering the study:

An American child has twice the chance of daying before it is five than a child in Finland, Iceland, Sweden or Singapore.

Is "daying" suppose to be dying?

Only 61 per cent of children in the USA attend a kindergarten, making the United States number seven among developing countries, counting from the bottom that is. No other industrialialised country has such a bad mother maternity arrangement as the US (considing both the length and salary).

Is 'industrialialised" suppose to be industrialized?

And why would they say "bad mother maternity arrangement"? The word maternity denotes motherhood.

Have they ever heard of a bad father maternity arrangement?

I can only assume the parts I've quoted above was typed in a hurry and without the aid of a spell checker.

I normally won't draw attention to such things and will gloss over them when reading but when referring to a study it

hurts the credibility of said study if attention to detail is not given.

Could you provide a link to the study?

I would like to see what criteria they went by in doing the comparisons.

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Double-post.

Sticky mouse. :)

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    see how many of these mothers are seriously overweight?
    see how many of these mothers are teens?
    see how many of these mothers are ignorant dropouts?

DaCheech ...

Are you inferring that we are really screwed up here in the USA compared to other countries or just stupid?

Rub a Dub

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

rubadub, americans only want to think that we are the smartest, but then want to take shortcuts for everything.

look at kindergarten, some cities don't even have? many towns in my area have a 1/2 day session?

when I came here to the us, I was learning in 5th grade what I had already had learned in 2nd overseas.

look at dropout rates

look at people who have no idea on eating healthy

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Sorry for not being a native American fluent writer ;-).

Writing daying was of course intended to be dying..

Some of these words are somehow difficult to translate, that ´s why I might have chosen a wrong phrase of describing things...

Sorry about that.

The study was published by a Norwegian organization, however in English, so I therefore provide the link

http://www.allesomen.no/om-kampanjen/mer-informasjon/

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Actually, it seems that it is an American report published by the Save the Children organization....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit