Breaking News: Police Arrest JW Elder for Creating Chaos at Hospital

by Scott77 41 Replies latest watchtower medical

• upnorth
    upnorth

Now there's a guy that could use a punch in the face

• Gregor
    Gregor

Kwabena Afum says..."He is no longer my son!...he has the bad ju-ju-juice!". "I'll see y'all for field service in the morning, Jah willing!"

• White Dove
    White Dove

That happened in Africa. 'Nuff said. More nutty professors come from there (Ghana) and work at my former college. I do NOT recommend African professors! They know their stuff but carry a serious grudge against Americans, especially Black Americans.

There were African elders in my congregations in Delaware who were the meanest, loudest, and most controlling SOB's you could ever have the displeasure of meeting.

This was based on personal experience, so none of what I've said is based on stereotypes or prejudice.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

If his BOE doesn't DF him for being a stumbling block to others they are bigger dick heads than he is.

They need to PUBLICLY dissasociate themselves from his behaviour or they will be seen as condoning it.

• sacolton
    sacolton

You will recognize them by their fruits. Yeah, they're fruits alright.

• Scott77
    Scott77

You will recognize them by their fruits. Yeah, they're fruits alright.

sacolton

Ironically, I used to be tought at kh meetings and through bible studies about what one saw, he will reap.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

You will recognize them by their fruits. Yeah, they're fruits alright

I know this is a very serious topic but this comment is very funny.

• Scott77
    Scott77

In Africa, life is so cheap, something that makes me feel concerned. In the absence of alternative non blood expanders or complicated equipments, most JWs face a serious danger of dieing. However , in developed countries like Canada, Western Europe and USA, many JWs can opt for a variety of non-blood alternatives to prolong their lives even as many continues to die needlessly as occurred in the unfortunate case of Lawrence Hugh's beloved daughter Bethany. This raises very troubling questions for their less fortunate African counterparts.Unless the watchtower completely eliminates the scriptural ban on on blood transfusion, many Africans will continue to die in large numbers. That would be a shame to an organization that prides itself in upholding some of bible teachings but whose prophesies have come nonought over the years. What an irresponsible and callous attitude!

• hubert
    hubert

Did anyone here read the "Comments" section in that newspaper?

Some say on the line of...."Well, that's Africa, and they have little regards for human life, even children. When one dies, they just have another to replace it.

What a disgusting way to think! Just because it is "The Norm" to accept this way of life in Africa, does it condone the Watchtower Society to be even more irresponsible with their interpretation of doctrine? Are these people (j.w.'s, probably), saying it's okay to disown your child for "HAVING" a blood transfusion, because "That is the norm" for your child to die, in this part of the country?

This is just horrible. This child had no say as to whether he may have a blood transfusion or not, and he is DISOWNED at 5 years old, because he received one? Give me a break. This is totally wrong. One of the comments in that newspaper stated that the DOCTORS were wrong to administer a blood transfusion to this 5 year old child. I say the FATHER is wrong to disown his child, and he should be made aware of it, and he should be held responsible for his actions.

Hubert

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Remembering back to the 70's when we were getting horrific reports from Malawi...

We heard about the persecution, of course, but we also heard about the preaching and teaching work being done there. The WTS sponsored literacy programs using their literature as a base to educate people.

I remember reading that many were attending just for the educational opportunities.

With that sort of public attention, what a fantastic opportunity to teach them about true love. They sure got the 'neutrality' message across - to the point that Malawan witnesses would tolerate all sorts of abuse, disfigurement and even death.

Wouldn't it have been great if they could have also taught the value of love and acceptance.

I guess it's not in their repoire or their curriculum.

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit