promoting Satanism to the young

by Weeping 95 Replies latest jw friends

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Is this a new topic? The devil it is....

Loz x

• Chalam
    Chalam

cantleave I'd rather listen to Satan's music than the new kingdom melodies

What's the difference? The WT have created a false idol and JWs worship it.

They might not bite the heads of chickens but they still indulge in child sacrifice.

Blessings,

Stephen

• teel
    teel

Have you actually listened or read the lyrics of "Hotel California"? Assigning satanism to that song is as far fetched as listening in reverse to songs and thinking you actually discern some hidden message. The song in my interpretation was always about drug abuse, a theme often found in many cryptic sounding songs. I take the courage to paste here some of these "satanic" verses which point to drugs:

My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim

I was thinking to myself, / "this could be heaven or this could be hell"

What a nice surprise, bring your alibis

she said "we are all just prisoners here, of our own device"

they just can't kill the beast - beast here being their addiction.

You can checkout any time you like, / But you can never leave! - once again great allegory to the addiction

It seems Wikipedia says it's generally about hedonism, and decadent lifestyle - as in describing its dark nature, not promoting it (the Wikipedia article mentions the urban legend of the Curch of Satan too). Serves right for the Eagles to actually speak in allegory Funny, but it reminds me of Jesus, the people thought he promoted cannibalism at one time. Some people seem to lack the capability to understand deeper meanings, and you have to say to them clearly what you mean, or they will never get it.

• bohm
    bohm

teel: That is just what satan wants you to believe!

• teel
    teel

Lol Bohm, that's a perfect JW argument. Have you been reading WT lately perhaps?

• bohm
    bohm

teel - yes! i enjoyed the spiritually upbuilding articles for last week particulary much - "You suck, do more!" and "Jehovah is totally gonna fry the old lady next door!".

That being said, i think bashing music for being satanic is sooo 50's. How about movies? role-playing games? and (gasp!) COMPUTER GAMES!

My uncle Bills friend said that once he played solitary at 4 in the morning under the full moon, and suddenly all the cards was replaced by TARROT CARDS and before he knew it, Satan hit him on the head, drank all his whiskey and sprayed ecto-plasma all over the keyboard and the inside of his trailer!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Personally, i dont give a crap who people say is promoted.

the idea of satan manipulating humans plays right into the hands of jehovah Vs satan universal issue. The idea is either being interested in our teenie weenie dust speck piece of rock in all the cosmos has become total delusion to me.

people claim to be satanist or thank satan to shock, get headlines and piss of those who thank God in their exceptance speaches etc etc.

My wife did a painting of a robot jesus being controlled by the devil, big bussiness and popes. It means nothing as to her life as she neither beleives in satan or 'god'. it is merely social comentary in art. Its to get a reaction, to promote discussion, and i dare say the music arts are no different.

and i too would rather listen to the beatles, johnny cash, the eagles, alice cooper, ozzie osborne and anything else any day over a kingdom melodie.

oz

• poppers
    poppers

Weeping is satan's greatest allie; he's very clever and weeping has walked right into his trap. Look how obsessed she is, putting all her attention on satan and drawing the attention of others to satan and she doesn't even recognize that's she's being used. What a great recruiting tool she is; I bet satan has a special place of honor for her in his kingdom.

Weeping, see how easy it is to see satan in anything? Prove you are not satan's tool.

• captain
    captain

Sorrry a bit off topic but I love those articles about how evil pac man and space invaders were.

As for the music, get some perspective - it's a form of artistic expression. Saying it is designed to draw us to the Devil is just the kind of paranoid delusional rubbish that we were spoon fed as kids to keep us in a perpetual state of fear.

AussieOz hear hear. Give me Led Zeppelin, the Doors, Cream over any Kingdom Melody. The newer Kingdom Melodies are more about mind control than any rock songs have ever been.

• carla
    carla

Maybe weeping is a closet satanist?

Why do you look for satan everywhere? I am not trying to be flippant but seriously you should seek counseling for your obsessive fascination with finding satan everywhere. If you search so hard for satan that is what you will find, maybe you could seek God instead.

Cherokee fable-

Deep inside of each of us is fight between two wolves. One is evil. He is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, lies and pride. The other wolf is good. He is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindess, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside of you and inside everbody.

The grandson thinks for a moment and then asks the grandfather, "Which will win?" The old Cherokee simply replies, "The one you feed."

Weeping, you feed your own obsession and invite evil into your life when that is all you can see.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit