Is this secret code for 'have an affair with me' ?

by tec 48 Replies latest social relationships

• tec
    tec

I would just like some opinions on something that seems strange to me.

There is a man at my sons' school who comes every day to pick up his daughter. He has always been friendly with me, and I am friendly back, which is fine. For the past two weeks, he has been winking at me when he sees me, which is also no big deal. Then in the past couple of days, he has been winking at me each time I look at him. I find this slightly odd, and that got the old intuition going. (Sorry Terry )

Anyway, yesterday he passed me in the corridor and tugged on my sleeve a couple of times as he passed, but he didn't look at me. This was after a couple of earlier winks as well. Then today, he held out his hand to shake mine as I was passing him in the hall - which was odd, but not to shake someone's hand is rude, so I did. And he used the handshake to slip me his business card, so that no one else would see. Again, he didn't say anything, didn't look me in the face, and then just kept walking down the hall.

I looked at the card, which was about home renovations, which means nothing at all to me because I have never spoken about renovations. His cell number is on it. His brother/partner's cell number is on it as well, but scratched out.

Sooo....

Weird or not weird?

Am I paranoid? Or... if I'm not paranoid and this is some attempt at a pick-up... then I suppose he could assume that I am a single mom, though I have a wedding ring. But why be all weird and secretive about it?

Tammy

• JWoods
    JWoods

It probably is some kind of attempt - but I can honestly tell you it sounds like one of the dumbest ones I have ever heard.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Ok Tammy, definitely sounds like he's looking for a hookup. But I agree why all of the secrecy? I would be wondering if any of the other moms have gotten his card slipped in with a hand shake. He's single, right? If so, and he's on the up and up then he should approach you like a man and ask you out. Keep us posted.

Cult Classic

P.S. Are you interested and available?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

It sounds to me like he's looking for a little action. That being said, is this guy for real? Winking? Tugging on your sleeve? Does that shit really turn chicks on? I never thought so.

W

• Think About It
    Think About It

Remember on the school playground the boy who was always friendly, made faces for your attention, was always poking you and passing you notes? Think that boy all grown up.

Think About It

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Yeah, he's hitting on you. And to him, you've been giving all the right signals that you're interested. Guys aren't very smart when it comes to understanding women.

For future reference, here is a woman's guide to how men interpret your signals:

She makes eye contact = I have a chance of sleeping with her She smiles = She REALLY wants me She is friendly = She wants to bear my children Any physical contact = She would LOVE to be my sex slave After ANY of the above, she ignores me = She's either a bitch or a tease, probably both

• B-Rock
    B-Rock

That'a like 5th grade pickup skills

• yknot
    yknot

...... ......

.....do you want to call him....

If not just let it slid, don't wanna cause further embarassment and awkwardness.......(he let the 'being friendly' go to his head, you did nothing encouraging of said behavior)

(((( I feel really bad for his wife though )))))

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Tammy, first of all:

Secondly:

Thirdly: I will send you my contact information.

Seriously, though. He might be flirting with you, he might be a salesman-type person who is always trying to get people's attention. I say don't worry about it. Enjoy the attention or ignore the creep or tell him you have no need for home renovation- letting him read into that anyway he wants. Flirting is not "...have an affair with me." Some guys just think they are players like that.

• nelly136
    nelly136

yup sounds weird n slimy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit