Is this secret code for 'have an affair with me' ?

by tec 48 Replies latest social relationships

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Don't read into anything. As women we tend to read between the lines faaaaaaaaaaar to much and over scrutinise every little thing - DON'T - because we can get it so very wrong.

Until he verbalises anything to indicate that he wants an affair, put it down to odd behaviour.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

i'm so glad I read this thread. I laughed and laughed.

lisa

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Ummm... I am coming in late on this thread, so forgive my tardiness...

I don't have any good advice - just a 'have a little fun with this guy' type of advice...

Since you already mentioned that you don't want to mention this to your hubby... do you have a close male friend? a brother?

If so - and hopefully - you kept his business card (the police may need it later as evidence - just kidding)...

Have your male friend call this guys' cell phone (be sure to *68 - or whatever number blocks yours from showing up on his caller-id)

In their DEEPEST male voice - your friend should first ask this fella... "Is this Mr. {fill in the blank with his real name - probably on the business card}?"

When he replies in the affirmative - your friend should let him know - in no uncertain terms that he is going to beat the ever-lovin crap outta him if he does not quit trying to pick-up his wife (you).

Have your friend tell this guy that he knows where the creep lives (or works) - (so lie a little) - and will be over to kick the crap outta him if he doesn't.

Then hang up.

Yeah... it may be a little illegal... so you may not want to do it... but it may get him to leave you alone... and walk waaaaaay around you the next time he sees you at school.

Regards,

Jim TX

P.S. All this talk about women ignoring their intuition? C'mon folks - many times we have an inner voice for a reason. This guy may have been profiled on America's Most Wanted. Gals - LISTEN to that inner voice that is warning you.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

My posts were mostly joking but I was serious about running the guy's name through the public sex offender database.

• tec
    tec

Soooo... I was running late to pick the boys up at school from work, which was kind of a good thing, since I couldn't get nervous about how I was going to handle any given situation.

Basically, I just passed him in the corridor with a nod and a curt 'hey', then kept walking without waiting for his response. He'd had his hand out again, (why in the world would I feel the need to shake it again?) but I ignored that all business-like and never glanced at him again. I did notice that he had to just let his hand fall back to his side, but whatever.

I think that's how I'll handle him until he takes the hint. If he ever out and out propositions something, then I can out and out refuse.

I really would have loved to use one of the smartass or seemingly clueless responses that you guys gave, but I know myself. I would have blushed and that would have blown the ruse. But at least lots of people got some chuckles out of this post, and I got a lot of smart and caring advice... reminding me to avoid getting caught in a dangerous situation.

Mad - thanks for your concern. But I wouldn't even know how to put someone's name through the sex offender database. Is it different in the States than in Canada?

Tammy

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Tammy you've been married so long you forgot what flirting is obviously.

• tec
    tec

Perhaps. But I do understand flirting, and this just had a different feel to it.

Which is why I sought other opinions.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Tec, I think you handled the situation very well.

It has been a funny thread, though!

• finallyfree!
    finallyfree!

You'll laugh but this whole thread sounds like a single pineer brother making a covert attempt to pick up. His utter lack of people skills when it comes to life and the opposite sex reaks of the wts. Actually reminds me of a few single pioneer bros in my old cong. They'd make a horrid attempt at picking up, leave one of their business cards...which was for some type of window cleaning/janitorial business. They'd never come out and ask the woman out, just have some wierd attempt at conversation. Then they'd brag about all the chicks who came on to them to the younger brother dubs when they were out in fs. Lol! Funny, but not at the same time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit