For Perry: the most distant known object in the Universe.

by BurnTheShips 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If Perry has an opinion, he should be able to express it without all the ad hominem attacks from those who disagree. Let's leave that crap back in the Kingdom Halls.

If you read Perry's threads or comments on others' threads, he antagonizes and he twists what people say and he insists that their views are lacking. It's like talking to a JW. His beliefs are the only ones that could possibly be right and we are ignorant for challenging them.

Otherwise, he probably is a nice guy.

• leavingwt
  • notverylikely
    notverylikely

Otherwise, he probably is a nice guy.

That reminded me of "I'm not sayin your mom's a whore, I'm just saying she has sex for money."

I'm open to the possibility that my beliefs are incorrect, are you open to the possibility that your non-beliefs are incorrect?

If you read the threads, many are saying what they beleive based on current information. Does that not tell you that they are open to updating their beliefs as more/better information becomes available?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I'm open to the possibility that my beliefs are incorrect, are you open to the possibility that your non-beliefs are incorrect?

To Perry, admitting such a possibility would be a wedge for him to say "So you don't know you are right, but I do know that I am right."

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

To Perry, admitting such a possibility would be a wedge for him to say "So you don't know you are right, but I do know that I am"

I know, getting smarter is so dumb!

• Terry
    Terry

According to my Presbyterian friends, God created all things to "appear aged".

• Terry
    Terry

I guess I made a huge ass of myself on that one!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Gee Terry putting a picture of yourself like that really took some guts.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Where are you Perry? I am pretty sure you've seen this thread? It isn't intended as an attack.

You are admirably forward in your defense of your beliefs in other threads. If you are, in fact, correct in your view of reality, why don't you address the question I ask? I am not a dogmatic atheist, as you know. I am not an atheist at all. I am sufficiently open-minded to seriously consider anything you have to say based on its merit.

BTS

• sir82
    sir82
    I am not a dogmatic atheist, as you know. I am not an atheist at all.

But you are not Perry's brand of fundo-Christian, so does it really matter whether you are atheist or not? According to his viewpoint, you'll be roasting right along side Hitler & Stalin for all eternity anyway.

Actually, given that you are a practicing Catholic, I imagine Perry condemns you to an even deeper circle of hell than them.

Sorry, that was another ad hominem, wasn't it? I'll behave now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit