For Perry: the most distant known object in the Universe.

by BurnTheShips 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bohm
    bohm

Chalam:

If you look at matter on the quark level, its composed of very little actual "stuff" (quars, etc), and pretty much entirely of energy. Notice that E=mc^2. So jamming up the speed of light (and you got to jam it up GOOD) will totally change the mass of all kinds of stuff. Its difficult to say what effect this will have. Will Atoms be possible? how about stars; one would think the gravitational confinement would be a little off, and the energy gained from each fission event would at any rate be WASTLY different, speaking of staller formation, the momentum of massless particles would be different to, this again would have a huge influence on the gravitational equilibrium of a star.

Another thing - the diraq equation (relativistic equation for the electron in electro-magnetic field) would change. That might be detectable, but i dont know by how much.

In short, just jamming the speed of light up will lead to a whole cascade of changes to physics, most of which we simply dont understand. Each of these changes might have to be balanced out by other changes to other parts of reality by God to make everything work, and you get a mess where God is jumping around fixing stuff all because he want the universe to look very old, but not be very old.

Im not saying this is impossible. Im just saying it seem far more easy to explain this by keeping the speed of light fixed, and accepting that the universe is pretty old. Alternatively, while it might seem more silly, it would seem to have been easier for God just to create rays of light from the old galaxies to our eyes so the light "looks" old. Its a horrible theory, but at least we are no longer in cowboy land in terms of physics.

• Chalam
    Chalam

bohm Its difficult to say what effect this will have.

Indeed, before the "big bang" the current laws of the universe likely aren't applicable or functional.

bohm Im not saying this is impossible. Im just saying it seem far more easy to explain this by keeping the speed of light fixed, and accepting that the universe is pretty old.

From what I remember, there was no light in the universe pre "big bang". Even if it existed, it couldn't escape the concentrated mass of the universe in one place.

Anyhow, with God, all things are possible, that's His nature :) Genesis 18:14, Jeremiah 32:17, Jeremiah 32:27

If you take an objective look at the account of creation it has far more in common with much of the current scientific thinking that it did say 100 or so years ago.

Anyhow, take an objective look at this

Chuck Missler - Genesis - Session 01 - (Ch. 1.1 ...

Blessings,

Stephen

• bohm
    bohm

will do stephen

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

BTT since Perry is making the rounds.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

BTT for Perry yet again.

• bohm
    bohm

You need to use the right kind of bait:

• Fernando
    Fernando

I'm no expert but recall Michio Kaku explaining something about string theory and invisible parallel multiverses detected by the WMAP (?) satellite, on a BBC program some years ago. To my mind this suggests the possibility of 100 billion parallel universes each containing 100 billion galaxies of 100 billion stars. Where do we stop... Seems potentially limitless... So much for the notion that this earth is all we could and would possibly ever inhabit...

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    You need to use the right kind of bait:

Lulz!

• botchtowersociety
  • corpusdei
    corpusdei
    Perry wrote to me on the Noah's ark thread, page 3, that God, master of time, manipulates things so they only look billions of years old...from our human perspective.

I guess this kind of falls in line with the whole "God put dinosaur bones there to test our faith" thing? I've got to nod to the late great Mr. Hicks on this one, he said it best: "Doesn't it worry anyone else that God might be out there f*cking with our heads?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit