If you felt/feel that you had/have good, close "friends" in the org, how did/does it feel to just give them up?

by Crisis of Conscience 83 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

The reality is : you dont leave them they leave you......full stop . and to my way of thinking .... THAT`S THEIR LOSS.

smiddy

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I left after 76. I could not recognize any changes from Armegedon at that time.

It was hard at the time but now 36 years latter most of my close friends have also left the tower.

I left in Cleveland and moved to Florida. When I left my best friends were in Cleveland.

Now 36 years later my best friends are here in Florida with me and they are no longer JW's.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

When I wrote this originally, I really felt it would be hard to leave my "friends". But as many have pointed out, THEY are the ones leaving us.

00DAD, you are right, if it is conditional, it ain't love!

The strange part is that so far, despite my inactivity, no one (or perhaps, I haven't noticed) has cut me off. I have shared my feelings with several close "friends", which I know is not always a good idea. But generally, I have always been well liked by everyone, so maybe that's why they haven't pulled the cord?

However, as time has progressed, I see that no matter how you look at it, around any JW's, you are always going to have to pretend in some way. Is that what real friendship is? I don't think so.

And so I am working on forming relationships outside of the org. It's coming along well, except for..... the still-believing-wife part. Oh well.

Thanks for all the new comments.

CoC

• purpleplus
    purpleplus

When I decided to think for myself, I drew away from my "friends". I knew they wouldn't share my views about the organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit