The only reason most of us are here is......

by Quillsky 44 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Ya know what's fun?

We all came from the same background, ....that's the underlying common denominator.

Then we connect on political, artistic, religious, and various other values.....the abslolute fun of JWN>

.....Restrangled

Bravo!Bravo!Bravo!

.................... ...OUTLAW

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Never baptized into the Organization, therefore never disfellowshipped. Indoctrinated since infancy to just over 30 years.

Today I am like Satan in the Book of Job, having access to both heaven and earth (let the reader use discernment.)

~Sue

• cult classic
    cult classic

That is hilarious gubberningbody. My husband has some important stuff too. I don't think they will ever put 2 + 2 together...........ROFL.

Cult Classic

• upnorth
    upnorth

....I'm also here for personal therapy.

I suppose I've got a story to tell and I'll throw it out here some time when I feel like rolling around in it. I haven't noticed a particular place everyone starts at.

One thing I have noticed since I joined, is I've actually talked about stuff, which is something I have not done ever.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Open mind said

Could you perhaps flesh out your idea a bit more Quillsky?

I'll say again what I said in my opening post.

The disfellowshipping system is ...."the most genius cult tool ever invented."

It really is. It's why so many of us post in fear. It's why so many of us have family members who don't speak to us. It's why I weigh my words and don't tell you too much about me.

Of course we all need to communicate with people who have been through what we've been through. But at the root of all that is the fear of being disfellowshipped, or the pain of having been disfellowshipped, or the agony of seeing people we love be disfellowshipped.

Why else would we be be posting on a board of previous (and current) members of a cult that believes that everyone besides cult members are about to be obliterated by their god?

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

They should disfellowship everybody for being apostates to their own religion. They have changed their doctrine so often that none of them have any personal integrity left.

• upnorth
    upnorth

You all should be glad your not dumping Islam. Their cure for apostasy is to remove the offenders head.

ouch ! that's gunna leave a mark

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thanks Quillsky.

I see your point.

om

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

I'm here because the Colosseum closed and I miss Caesar dreadfully and the cut and thrust of combat.

I come here to laugh at my own jokes! Very few others do but I live in a world of my own. Delusion can be comforting.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

We're here ....

because we're not all there.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit