The generation changed is explained in the June 15'th WT!

by life is to short 135 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• flipper
    flipper

Wanted to bump this thread up as it's important to see how the WT society and governing body are attempting to CHANGE DEFINITIONS of what constitutes a generation. Some have mentioned on this thread that the WT society is indicating TWO generations here , not one overlapping generation. I say that's bullshit.

DONUTHOLE stated , " At this time the official explanation is NOT multiple overlapping generations BUT TWO. Right now it is just two generations , the " old " anointed and the " new " anointed. " Not.

O.K. Let me reprint what John Barr's statement said in his talk, " We do not know the exact length of " THIS GENERATION " , but IT INCLUDES THESE TWO GROUPS whose lives overlap. Even though the anointed vary in age , THOSE IN THE TWO GROUPS CONSTITUTING THE GENERATION are contemporaries during the part of the last days. "

The WT society would never say the generation is TWO generations - because Jesus stated it was THIS GENERATION ( singular ) that would see the end. So the WT society HAS to come up with their OWN MEANING of an elongated generation which includes young anointed and older anointed. Only problem with that the definition of GENERATION in Dictionaries in the SINGULAR sense is it only runs about 30 years or so. So- Essentially the WT society is full of lies, poo, and deceitfulness to manipulate their JW members

• flipper
    flipper

This is a great thread for newer members of the board to ponder having just exited the witnesses

• cantleave
    cantleave

all will become clear at the 2010 district convention.........................as clear as ink that is.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

By the way, it is introduced in the April 15, 2010 issue of the WT and re-explained, reinforced in the June 15, 2010 issue. It's in both.

• flipper
    flipper

MAD SWEENEY- Thanks for that info. If I'm not mistaken I believe the JW's are studying the first April generation article at the WT study on the week June 6th - 12th aren't they ? After they study it- then I will start secretly dropping off thoughts into my JW family's brain to see what happens. I want to discover if they'll even recognize a " changed generation policy "

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

More specific details on where to find the info:

April 15, 2010 Watchtower, page 10, paragraphs 13 and 14 of article entitled: Holy Spirit's Role in the Outworking of Jehovah's Purpose. It will be studied at the meetings during the week of June 7-13, or in other words June 13 in most normal congregations, June 12 in a few.

June 15, 2010 Watchtower, page 5, in a non-study article about last year's annual meeting where John Barr gave the infamous talk introducing this nonsense. Since this is not in a study article, it is also not included in the downloadable pdf version of the magazine (what a surprise!). It is only available in the print version. The text of it is quoted in the first post of this thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit