death unnatural?? whats with that?

by wavvy 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wavvy
    wavvy

My mother, like all the dubs, excels at dropping casual sentences here and there designed to suck me back into the borg...

Her latest subtle (not) attempt to use my father's death as the drawing card was to send an SMS saying only: "death is so unnatural".

Of course I remember all those public talks, so I know exactly where she's coming from: we were made to live forever so no wonder death is so painful for us to deal with.

But honestly, what planet are they on???? Death unnatural? On the planet earth death is the most natural thing ever! It is an inherent part of the life cycle! Plants and animals must die daily in order to sustain our lives. A seed must die in the earth in order that the plant can germinate. All things die in order to feed the cycle of life. Personally, I find this thought much more comforting... Death is painful merely because we miss those who are no longer with us. But it is a natural and inevitable part of life.\

Little does she know... with every casually dropped preach-bomb, she opens my eyes wider and wider to the ludicrousy of it all.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin .... so death spread to all men ... if you believe this, death is unnatural as it wasn't God's purpose for humans. Its just a statement to make you think how profound it truly is. Death is an enemy, introduced through Satan and sin.

• wavvy
    wavvy

But why should it be only for humans that death wasn't meant to be? Did Satan introduce all death? Including that of plants and aniamls? We are a part of the natural world around us, why shouldn't it be as natural for us as it is for every other living thing? Doesn't make sense to me...

• White Dove
    White Dove

That death IS natural is a real comfort to me when I lost my grampa in November. No one leaves this planet alive. That is the most natural thing there is.

• wavvy
    wavvy

Thanks White Dove! That is a big comfort to me too.

It's horrible really, how the loss of somebody you love dearly is yet another excuse for emotional blackmail to these people...

• cult classic
    cult classic

Hey Wavvy - I was thinking about this at a JW funeral a couple of weeks ago. Death is as natural as birth. It's called the life cycle. You're right people use the emotions involved with death to try to control us. I agree with you guys 100%. Because it's so painful we try to make sense out of it and seek an explanation to ease the pain. I think that's natural too. Out of the billions of people who have come and gone, no one has figured it out yet.

You can't come in without going out.

Cult Classic

• Purza
    Purza

Holy sh*t Wavvy - do we have the same mother!

My mother said to me last week "It's a shame that death is all you have to look forward to. Dying is not natural for humans and never has been."

WTF?

It just goes to show you how deeply entrenched they are in what they believe. I truly think (at least in my family's case) that they are afraid of dying. That is why this religion has such a hold on them - because it gives them a way out - with the POSSIBLITY of never dying.

Purza

• cantleave
    cantleave

Death is a natural part of the cycle of life. Everything dies, one day that will include this planet.

There was no Adam and eve, there is no GOD, these these are just constructs of uneducated men who were trying to make sense of the world. To believe them in the 21st century is ludicrous.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Without death, we and all the other living things on it would have used up this planet's resources eons ago. Something to think about. *G*

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

My JW relatives have said "Death is Unatural"..

Then they Died..

Is that supossed to be Funny?..

........................ ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit