death unnatural?? whats with that?

by wavvy 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Death blows, but what can you do? It was nice to believe that one day we would all be together, living forever in a perfect world. All we have loved that have been lost in death back with us. Now thou I think that is an unnatural thought. Plants, animals, ect everything dies. Pets can have personalities we have all seen that. Family pets can become part of the family, but we never expected them to be resurrected. Humans don't want to believe we are like everything else on this planet. Born into death. We want to believe we are better than everything else, always have. The stories of the God's are still passed down to us. To believe that death started because of 1 man sounds ridiculous. I believed in the Garden Of Eden Story as fact. Today, it just sounds like a story a parent would tell their little children. I'm glad I wasn't raised a JW. You can compare finding out lies about things you were taught from being a child. Finding out Santa was not real was devastating, but you got thru it. Finding out Death is it, at first can be overwhelming, but as time goes on you just accept it.

Some need that comfort believing that ones are in Heaven, or awaiting a resurrection, but when it comes to the time when someone looses a loved one in Death, that is the time you cannot judge ones beliefs. Everyone mourns in their own way, and what they have as faith or whatever is for them.

Death being described as unnatural is like saying the Sun disappearing every night is also unnatural.

• agonus
    agonus

if death is not natural, why has NATURE never, EVER produced a living thing that DIDN'T die?

• Blue Grass
    Blue Grass
    It is an inherent part of the life cycle! Plants and animals must die daily in order to sustain our lives. A seed must die in the earth in order that the
    plant can germinate. All things die in order to feed the cycle of life.

This is simply not true. Why do you think plants and animals need to die for humans to live? People can live perfectly healthy lives on a vegetarian diet. Also what benefit for us would it be for trees that produces fruit to die?

A seed must die in the earth in order that the plant can germinate. All things die in order to feed the cycle of life.

Seeds aren't living organisms so they don't die when you plant them. I don't see how someone's death feeds the "cycle of life" (whatever that is). Are you saying because worms eat the flesh of dead bodies humans need to die?

• Blue Grass
    Blue Grass
    if death is not natural, why has NATURE never, EVER produced a living thing that DIDN'T die?

Your question already assumes that the account in the Bible of how death entered the world is untrue.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Death is natural according to the Bible, which compares it with other natural processes of decay:

"Man's days are determined; you have decreed the number of his months and have set limits he cannot exceed. As water disappears from the sea or a riverbed becomes parched and dry, so man lies down and does not rise; as a mountain erodes and crumbles and as a rock is moved from its place, as water wears away stones and torrents wash away the soil, so you destroy man's hope" (Job 14:5, 11-12, 18-19).

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Why do you think plants and animals need to die for humans to live? People can live perfectly healthy lives on a vegetarian diet.

Does that mean the carrot I just ate will still be alive when I shit it out tomorrow?

W

• White Dove
    White Dove

LOL @ FF!

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

FF awsome

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

this GIF sums it up

• wavvy
    wavvy

Hey Purza! Maybe we do have the same mum! If not, just let me know if you need a spare!

But seriously, is it any wonder they are afraid of death when they believe it comes from Satan?

Love that quote from Job, Leolaia. There is some wisdom in there despite the twisted interpretations people come up with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit