Sexual Repression 101. Pure WT Gold: Wednesday's Daily Text.

by Open mind 88 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Open mind
    Open mind

Wednesday's Daily Text was a masterpiece. Each sentence just added another layer of sexual guilt and repression.

I could go off for at least another 500 words but I'll stop.

Here ya go. Please pile on at will.

Those who [marry] will have tribulation in their flesh. -- 1 Cor. 7:28.

The ungodly world in which we live is obsessed with sex. Every day, waves of sensual images are directed at us. We cannot ignore the effect they can have on us. How should young Christians react to this unwholesome influence, which can arouse sexual desire even against their will? Some have tried to deal with it by marrying at a very early age. In that way, they hope to avoid getting invovled in sexual immorality. Before long, though, a number have regretted that decision. Why? Once the novelty of being married has worn off, they have realized that they and their partner have little in common when it comes to everyday matters. Such couples are then faced with a serious challenge. Still, no matter how challenging the situation is, true Christians know that an unscriptural divroce is not an acceptable solution to problems associated with an unhappy union.

Hold me back. This thing is packed with rants.

om

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

As christian parents, we know too well that being insistent about "forbidden fruit" will often lead the young astray, following the prideful footsteps of Adam and Eve. Would not the better course be to lead them to the uplifting aspects of christian love, instead of dwelling on the dreary version seen in this sinful world?

(Yes, I'm still sarcastic after all these years!)

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Wow am I relieved. As an old Christian I guess I don't have to feel guilty being obsessed with sex.

LD

• White Dove
    White Dove

"...they and their partner..." sounds like polygamy.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

which can arouse sexual desire even against their will?

yeah, I hate it when that happens..

• Balsam
    Balsam

My sons as they grew up felt so emotionally and sexually immature, and I know them being raised as JW's is a big part of the emotional stunting. Religion can be so repressive, and the USA is very repressed sexually.

Ruth

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Healthy physical pleasure is an important part of being human. The message that authority figures (parents, religions, teachers) convey should focus on healthy versus unhealthy sexual pleasure, not sex versus no-sex.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hi there, Open Mind:

I hope that you and yours are well.

This is how I deal with SR: I write about it. Granted, not a perfect solution, but putting pen to paper helps [somewhat].

CoCo

You once were true. I was your only one.

With no more than the fierce beating of my heart as your signal, you would hasten deliciously into my presence and cherish me as none other. You were so sweet, so delectable. While others were consumed with envy and styled you a villain, the embodiment of mere carnal pleasure let flow, you delicately removed the shackles of my heart. You, sweet savior, were a liberator, whose glance, whose touch, whose kiss, revived me. My window was ever open to you. Upon wings of desire you floated through and lit softly upon my chamber floor.

Where, now, have you and your sweet offerings of love taken up residence?

I am sick with love and can bear my aloneness no longer. Gazing mournfully out the frozen pane that divides you from me, I see you as inattentive and uncaring. For too long a time you have refrained from entering into my presence and gifted me with love's dream revealed. My offerings of tears have not moved your heart nor opened it on my sorrowing behalf. You are well acquainted with the desire of eyes, the burning blood that courses madly through veins not meant to contain such fire. When once more, if ever, will my dream of love become entwined with my corporeal self?

This raging love of mine is pent-up waters behind a crumbling dam of dust and bone....

Where, my errant love, are you?

• Confuzzled
    Confuzzled

Blatant hypocrisy!

Normal Bible Says:

It is better to marry than to burn/It is not good for man to be alone

1 Corinthians 7:9

Even JW New World RAPED Translation Says:

9 But if they do not have self-control, let them marry, for it is better to marry than to be inflamed [with passion].

• sabastious
    sabastious

It is better to marry than to burn/It is not good for man to be alone

1 Corinthians 7:9

Even JW New World RAPED Translation Says:

But if they do not have self-control, let them marry, for it is better to marry than to be inflamed [with passion].

What HORRIBLE ADVICE!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit