How do you FOR SURE jw's Do not have the truth?

by whatistruth 45 Replies latest jw friends

• whatistruth
    whatistruth

I personally believe they do not, but what solid evidence can you provide me so I can try to convince others?

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

Millions now living WILL never die.

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

607BCE v 586BCE

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

January 15, 1892, p.1355

The date of the close of that ‘battle’ is definitely marked in Scripture as October, 1914. It is already in progress, its beginning dating from October, 1874

Watchtower 1968 December 1 p.715 Putting First the Preaching of the Good News

By foretelling that this good news of the established kingdom must first be preached, Jesus indicated urgency. And so Jehovah's witnesses must be urgent about preaching the good news, for the remaining time is reduced. Satan is working hard, for he knows that he has but a short period of time left. (Rev. 12:12) How much more so should Jesus' true followers be working extra hard, since they too know that the time left for preaching this good news of the Kingdom is getting ever shorter! It is not reasonable to expect that present favorable conditions for preaching the good news will continue indefinitely. Besides, did not Jesus say that this generation will not pass away until all things are fulfilled? A generation, according to Psalm 90:10, is from seventy to eighty years. The generation that witnessed the end of the Gentile Times in 1914 does not have many more years left.—Luke 21:24, 32-36.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Last June I was told Armageddon was imminent. Guess not.

• whatistruth
    whatistruth

E-C. Jw's will always use that same line, the light gets brighter and brighter. So according to that verse they should expect "refinement" in teachings. Just playing devil's advocate.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    E-C. Jw's will always use that same line, the light gets brighter and brighter. So according to that verse they should expect "refinement" in teachings. Just playing devil's advocate.

The fact that they HAVE to use that line - light gets brighter and brighter, is PROOF that some of the stuff they said in the past was NOT TRUE.

• whatistruth
    whatistruth

Jwood - So according to that logic, if it is a God directed organization, how could God possibly make mistakes, that should be impossible.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Revelation 19:1-The Great Crowd is in Heaven...no mistaking it.

Hebrews: 1: 6-10, The angels worship Christ, Paul quotes scripture from Psalms about YHWH or Jehovah in the NWT (Lord) and applies it to Christ, the Christians were worshipping Christ as God.

That stuff about "obeisance" of the angels not being worship, well...look again at vs. 8. "To the Son he saith, "Thy throne Oh "God" (in the original YHWH) is for ever and ever".

For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

There's a lot more, but those did it for me, and that 607 BCE nonsense, which doesn't correlate with any known history. Without 607, you can't play bible hopscotch and get to 1914.

Without 1914, well...the last days, the annointed class, Christ's "presence" all invalid.

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

Watchtower Jan 15 1912

It is known that only about three out of every one hundred operated upon for appendicitis really have a diseased appendix needing removal. We give below a simple cure for appendicitis symptoms. The pain in the appendix region is caused by the biting of worms near the junction of the transverse colon with the small intestines, low down on the right side of the abdomen. This remedy is recommended also for typhoid fever, which is also a worm disease. The medicine is Santonine dose, 3 grains, an hour before breakfast; repeated for four mornings, or until all the symptoms disappear. Then one dose per month for three months to eradicate all germs. This recipe is of INCALCULABLE VALUE. Not only will it save the surgeon's and hospital fees of perhaps $200, but it saves weeks of ill health, inconvenience, convalescence and loss of salary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit