Favorite movie line?

by gilwarrior 51 Replies latest social entertainment

• Sunchild
    Sunchild

These two quotes sum up my basic take on reality:

"There is no spoon."

~and~

"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking it."

Both were taken from The Matrix, which is quite possibly the coolest movie ever made. The first line was said by an unnamed kid; the second was said by Morpheus.

*Rochelle.

---------
    "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death -- if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach."
    -- Professor Severus Snape, Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone.

• patio34
    patio34

"You do your worst and I'll do mine."

The Count of Monte Christo current version

"It's easier to put on slippers than to carpet the world." (from "Stuart Saves His Family")

• Doc_jedd
    Doc_jedd

..."afraid of an elephant?"......why I`d wrap him up in celaphant!............The cowardly lion / Wizard of Oz :::::Jedd

• gilwarrior
    gilwarrior

Wow! I can't believe that post was started over again after no one posted here for over a month!

Thanks guys!

"I have so much love to give, but no one to give it to."

William H. Macy - "Magnolia"

• think41self
    think41self

Ok people, don't let this scare you, I just like revenge theme movies and quotes. Love all the Clint Eastwood movies, but here's a good one from the movie "The Whole Nine Yards". Bruce Willis character is a gangster called Jimmy the Tulip.

To intimidate someone Jimmy says: "I'm gonna come over to your house and cut your legs off. Then I'm gonna set your house on fire so I can watch you drag your bloody stumps outta there!"

Yikes, he sure as hell intimidated me with that one.

think41self

She had the vocabulary of a brothel owner specializing in service to sailors with Tourette's syndrome

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

"Yippie kay-yay, mother@#!%er." - John McClane in Die Hard

• hungry4life
    hungry4life

Can't remember the name of the movie but Tom Cruise and Renee Zellwiger were in it and a cute little blond boy played her son.

He (Cruise) comes back to her(Zellwiger) with a long winded apology hoping to work it out and she says "You had me from hello". It was so romantic and I am not usually a Cruise fan. They tried to make a country song out of it later but it just wasn't the same.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

"You're a disgrace to depression!" Jack Nicholson in As Good as it Gets.

Religion Stops a Thinking Mind!
    <x ><
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=21215&site=3

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

The truth?! You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth!

Jack Nicholson, in A Few Good Men

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

My GAWD there are so so many they will all come to me when I am no where near a computer and have no pen and paper!

One I always remembered for some weird reason;
    "I love the smell of napom in the morning" Robert Duval

another

"What we have here is a failure to communicate" Cool Hand Luke
    can't remember the little farts name right now

"You talkin' to me?,You talkin' to me?, well i'm the only one here so you must be" Taxi Driver

"You complete me" was from Jerry McGuire

John Wayne and Kirk Dougles in the movie The Teain Robbers?
    There comming out of the saloon and draw their guns at the same time and shoot Kirk Dougles says "Mine hit the ground first" John Wayne say's "Mine was taller"

This would be more fun for me if I wasn't going senile.
    plm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit