have you ever met someone famous?

by rockmehardplace 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

I use to live in Los Angeles. I worked in a Beverly Hills art gallery.

Over the course of ten years I met:

Dustin Hoffman, Jon Voight, John Travolta, Mary Lou Henner, Sean Connery, Michael Caine, Barbara Carrera, Rhonda Fleming, Ceasare Romero,

Merv Griffin, John Barry, Miklos Rosza, Jerry Fielding, David Raksin, David Shire, John and Bo Derek, Tim Conway, Peggy Lee, Karl Malden,

Lee Ritenour, Dave Grusin, Donna Pesco, Bernard Hughes, Elvira, John Astin, Eric Estrada, Donald Sutherland, Steve Martin, Tom Jones,

and.....my mind just went blank. This was in the period between 1974 and 1983.

There are a host of others that I can see their face in my head but can't call their names.

I got to know set decorators, photographers, etc. that nobody would recognize the name of too.

It was great fun.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Hey Blondie, you forgot to mention 'Outaservice', ha.

Outaservice

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

I met Nathan Knor. He told me not to play in the elevators.

I did alot of work for Richard Donner (Dick) and his wife at his house in the San Juan Islands

JFK gave me candy. Really.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Busy Bee, you have a PM.

Outaservice

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Blondie stole my thoughts about who is "famous."

Also, I met Bill Murray on an American Eagle bus to the terminal.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Jeff Bridges, Kenny Loggins, Itzak Perlman, Stephen Hawking, Roosevelt Grier, Chick Corea, Martin Sheen, Dennis Miller, Carol Burnett, Jessica Capshaw, Dennis Farina. Newt Gingrich and William F. Buckley! Jesus Christ, Superstar (Ted Neely).

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I worked for Terry Gillliam when he was filming a movie near our city.

He told me I was "exquisite".

• four candles
    four candles

Hank Marvin,Bruce Welch,Brian Bennet from the Shadows.

Mike Estes from Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Jay Johnson from Blackfoot.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Nope!

But i did walk infront of our current prime minister of australia at a set of traffic lights one day! He was on a walk in Melbourne, i squeezed past a photographer and some guy in a suit... when i looked back after crossing the intersection i realized who it was.

oz

• White Dove
    White Dove

I met Priscilla Presley and Fred Franz.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit