have you ever met someone famous?

by rockmehardplace 42 Replies latest jw friends

• upnorth
    upnorth

My children

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

More than I can list here, but here is a sampling: Picture taken with George Bush Sr. when he was President. Many baseball players like Lenny Dykstra, Micky Stanley, Lolich, etc., etc., Peter Gent who wrote NORTH DALLAS FORTY and played for the Cowboys (actually went to school with him), Oliver North, Jerry Falwell (didn't particularly like him), Dr. James Dobson, Glen Cambell, The Pointer Sisters, James Brown (just him and I on the elevator and I told him 'I feel good'!), Bo Derek, the owner of Amway, Rich DeVos (I asked him if he could share part of his billions with me and he said 'No'!) Brook Benton, the singer. Andy Kaufmann the comedian, and of course Raymond Franz and Peter Gregerson. John Ankerburg, Holly Coors (Beer Family Heir) and finally Bill Smith.

Outaservice

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Robert Plant from Led Zeppelin

Maurice Gibb from the Bee Gees

Nearly ran into Madonna LOL(!) when she was power walking on my local beach. Does that count?

• beksbks
    beksbks

Fred MacMurray, Bradford Dillman, The Skipper (Gilligan's Island), Sandy Kofax, William Conrad, Steve Young, Robin Williams, Jello Biafra...............

Ohh Doof! We were driving over the Golden Gate Bridge after a Robert Plant show, and I had been watching this limo for miles. Finally Robert rolled down the window and toasted his glass at me. I was thrilled.

• asilentone
    asilentone

It is kinda off topic, I worked with Hank Aaron's daughter for a year.

• Open mind
    Open mind

I've met a JWN member whose name rhymes with Sparkle!

And a handfull of other JWNers who aren't so "famous".

om

• JeffT
    JeffT

Mike Farrell, Shelly Fabres, Jose Carreras, Ocatavio Paz, Joeseph Murray, assorted local politicians and news people (a good number of whom I don't like).

• awildflower
    awildflower

When I was about 10 and my sister was 9 we were living in Southern CA and we walked from our house up to the local gas station for candy. It's a small town and this limo pulled up to the gas station to get gas and this lady got out and walked to the store and I said, "hey who's in the car" and she said do you know Bo Didley? We said no of course so she took us to meet him. He acted like he was on something and he told my sister and I we could get in the car and go for a ride with him! We took off.

Recently I met Air Supply at a concert! I've touched Bon Jovi's hand at a concert:) Have to think if there's anymore. Fun thread!

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

ESPN College Football analyst Craig James in the local Whataburger. I fawned and wife still makes fun of me.

• crapola
    crapola

I met Ray Stevens a few years ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit