Jw's must be having a hay-day!

by AK - Jeff 30 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

When the Elders stopped by the other night this was their opening line . "Look how bad things are getting ...all the major Earthquakes' , ect ect and then with almost GLEE in his voice he said " And look at the problems of the Catholic Church with the Pope and all " the End is so close now !

So yes they are loving all the current events ......gloating over suffering imo

• bobld
    bobld

Oh yeah they will be shouting from their roof tops,"see the end is near we told you so yaddie yaddie."

Remember back in the 60'ties with the drugs and the flower people,VTMAN the end is near we told you so.Around and around she goes.

Bob

• rebel8
  • bobld
    bobld

What did they say in 2000,"the end in near because the GB are old and are dying off but some will be around before the end."Well the old GB (BEE GEES) did die off only to be replaced to be younger BEE GEES.And time keeps marching on.

Bob

• poopsiecakes
  • choosing life
    choosing life

Cadellin, could you post the marginal reference to Rev. 11:18, please? That makes sense that this scripture is talking about violence. I just never noticed it before. Before the flood, it says that the earth was ruined, in God's sight, because it was filled with violence. The witnesses use Rev. 11:18 to refer to actual physical destruction of the earth by mankind. Thanks.

I had lunch with a dub friend and the earthquakes were what they used to start the conversation about why I should get myself back to the hall, before it's too late. I always try to humanize the situation by talking about how many poor folks are suffering. They seem to ignore this. Then I changed the subject.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

here is something to add to the distress.

Massive Glacier Triggers 'Tsunami' in Lake

SkyNews

A huge glacier has broken off and plunged into a lake in Peru sparking a 23-meter high tsunami wave that destroyed a nearby town.

Decrease Font A A AIncrease Font

AP Photo/Anchorage Daily News, Marc Lester

Cross-country skiers approach Portage Glacier as they ski across frozen Portage Lake, Alaska on Saturday, April 3, 2010.

A huge glacier has broken off and plunged into a lake in Peru sparking a 23-meter high tsunami wave that destroyed a nearby town.

The massive chunk of ice --called Hualcan glacier, it was around the size of four soccer fields -- tumbled into the '513 lake' in the Andes near Carhuaz, around 200 miles north of Lima.

According to the Indeci civil defense institute, 50 homes have been destroyed. A water processing plant serving 60,000 local residents was also devastated when the wave struck on Sunday.

Initially, six people were reported missing, feared dead under the debris -- but local governor Cesar Alvarez has said five of those have been found alive. Authorities evacuated mountain valleys, fearing more ice breakage after the tsunami, which are most commonly caused by earthquakes.

Blaming climate change, Mr Alvarez said: "Because of global warming the glaciers are going to detach and fall on these overflowing lakes. This is what happened."

Investigators have said the ice block from the Hualcan glacier measured 1,600 feet by 650 feet.

Patricio Vaderrama, a Peruvian glacier expert, said: "The tsunami wave breached the lake's levees, which are 23m high -- meaning the wave was 23m high," or 75 feet.

Peru is home to 70 percent of the world's tropical ice fields.

A 2009 World Bank report warned Andean glaciers and the region's permanently snow-covered peaks could disappear in 20 years if no measures are taken to tackle climate change.

According to the report, in the last 35 years Peru's glaciers have shrunk by 22 percent.

In 1970, an earthquake triggered an avalanche of ice, rock and mud on the mountain of Huascaran that buried the town of Yungay, killing more than 20,000 people.

• sweet
    sweet

i would have to say on the tv and internet about knowing about natural disasters...of how it just "appears" that the natural disasters are increasing because we have the tv and the internet to let us know and how there were supposed to be lots of natural disasters back in the days before tv and the internet...well...here's one of how they can find out about natural disasters....NEWSPAPERS...take usa today for instance...thats in all parts of the united states...telephones....letter writings....that people can find out about the natural disasters...also...if you guys do want to prove that the natural disasters as we seem to be seeing them more day by day and not known about them like back in the days...if you guys want to prove to the witnesses that the amount of natural disasters that we have today are just like it was how many so years ago you guys want to prove to them that x amount of natural disasters have been around for x amount of years and not just today....recently...whatever u want to call it...you need to do your natural disaster research and actually find out how many natural disasters there have been each year and such if you want to prove to them that it has been going on since whatever year you want to come up with..do your research print it up on computer from the actual source that you seen it put refererences on there and such

• upnorth
    upnorth

I remember how excited all of us got when natural disasters occurred around the world, what a bunch of sickos we were.

Does anyone know if the WBATS is planning on the end of the world "inconsequently" with the Mayan calender ?

• dissed
    dissed

Its just as the Bible said, "And there will be Volcanos erupting, one place after another"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit