Jw's must be having a hay-day!

by AK - Jeff 30 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

All the earthquakes, mudslides, and now volcanic ash in the sky of Europe grounding air-travel.

The end is nigh!

Jeff

• alanv
    alanv

Yes I thought the same Jeff. The earthquakes do seem to be coming regularly in a short space of time. Also they are bound to be saying something about the cloud of ash that has descended over Europe.

It's the unsuspecting householders that I feel sorry for. Many are often taken in when something like this happens.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

There is a surprisingly large portion of humanity 'just waiting' for something to signal that all the doomsayers have been right all along. Look at the interest that 2012 has generated, even among the educated. So many just want to believe that there must be something to it.

So, yes, they will trap some using the latest round of disasters. "Never let a good disaster go to waste" is their motto I think.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What the witlesses won't say is that these events have been going on since the beginning of time. Not to mention, just because there are disasters doesn't mean the witlesses are the ones that have the correct religion--in fact, they have been messing up on when the end was coming since 1874.

• flipper
    flipper

AK-JEFF- That's the problem. My youngest JW daughter asked me the other day if I was " scared of all the earthquakes? " I just said, " No, earthquakes have been happening even centuries ago. It's just due to the internet and T.V. that we are made aware in minutes what's going on in other parts of the world. Back in the 15th or 17th century- how did people hear if there were earthquakes on the other side of the world ? How would they know ? " She agreed I had a good point.

But my non-witness son ( 25 ) - his fanatic JW mom ( my ex ) is doing the same thing to him " It's close to the end son, look at all the earthquakes, blah, blah, blah. " My son just rolls his eyes and ignores her

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Massive volcanic and earthquake activity took place during the millions of years that earth took to cool enough to form a crust which life could exist on.

If such activity is a warning of the end, it would seem that the end came before the beginning.

This is entirely possible; a feat performed by Jehovah's Witnessed every day as they stand on their heads to justify their belief that the earth came into being just 49,000 years ago.

Given their absurd take on time, against all scientific evidence, anything they say about timing must be taken with a pinch of volcanic sulphur.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Not one seismologist would agree with them.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

The unadulterated glee when there are natural disasters is disturbing to say the least, and anything but Christian...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I would be okay with them running rampant with "Earthquakes everywhere!" for a year or so if they would also acknowledge that they were wrong in more than a year when the earthquakes have died down again. Maybe some of us, like Flipper did with his daughter, can point this out a year or more from now that our loved ones were acting like Chicken Little in 2010, but the sky didn't fall.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

So, why didn't the end come when Krakatoa blew up, or Mt. St. Helens, or Pompeii?

Oh, I know, I know, teacher! Because the earth is geothermically active and always has been!

I think we need to put the importance of volcanoes and earthquakes in perspective to the rest of the universe, so in that spirit, I present you with "The Universe Song" from Monty Python's "The Meaning of Life"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWVshkVF0SY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit