Hubby is concerned with me being on this site.

by crazy2try 27 Replies latest jw friends

• crazy2try
    crazy2try

My husband and I have been fading for sometime. We did attend the memorial this year with his parents. We have had quite a few heart to heart conversations about us leaving the witnesses slowly. I know that I have spent a lot of time thinking about this. I was raised a witness, where he was not. I think for me it is more of a difficult journey. He didn't know that I had joined this site. I haven't hidden it from him, but if you knew our work schedule you could understand why. Anyways, he looked over my shoulder the other night and I explained to him what this site is and how I have been using it to express some of my thoughts and how I have been feeling. He didn't like it. I think it was the first time that he realized that we would be considered Apostate for our true thoughts and feelings.

I was a bit surprised by his reaction and need to take it into serious consideration. I am afraid that he is going to start pushing to attend meetings regular again. He was always the stronger in the faith between the two of us. I have a lot of love for God, but not the man made ideals. I keep picturing Jesus walking into the hall and tipping over things like he did at the temple or calling the governing body hyprocrites.

I can't go back and pretend. I won't pretend, I am not a liar. But honestly I may be just jumping the gun on this and my fears are coming out. We have a great relationship and we have grown up and together all these years.

I appreciate that I can come here and talk about these issues with others who have lived through this and understand what it is like. I know even talking to close friends who are on the outside----they just don't get it.

I also appreciate that I can read what others are going through or thinking about. But I just got to keep it simple. Anyways, just rambling now. I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

• minimus
    minimus

It's too late. The cat is out of the bag.

Even if you went back full force, you'd never stop remembering the truth about the "Truth".

• tec
    tec

Your relationship with your husband is most important; especially since you are fading together. So perhaps he is just threatened by the fact that you are doing something without him, and thereby getting ahead of him in your mutual fade. You might also want to reassure him about the anonymity of this place, and invite him to read www.jwfacts first. That's the site that sent me to this site.

Of course, others have experience with fading as a couple or not. I don't. And I'm sure they'll offer more constructive advice.

Tammy

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Do you and your husband have family that are JWs? Do both of you have friends that are NOT JWs?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Lick your finger..Dip it in salt..And..Poke him in the eye..

Your being on this site will be the least of his problems..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I am afraid that he is going to start pushing to attend meetings regular again.

Just stop and take a deep breath. The Memorial was recent and he still had some of his JW-training in him when he saw JWN. I would imagine it's just like hearing things at the assembly. Members take it seriously for about a week, some for awhile more, the serious ones take it serious for good. He will probably not want to get active again after tasting what its like to not take JW stuff so seriously.

If he does go back, it should wear out quickly. If not, you should be ready to help him with information from here. Wish him well and say its not for you.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I agree with Onthewayout...

My husband seemed a bit concerned when he saw me on here as well but I would openly read out loud some of the funny threads and then slip in a few of the more deep threads. He now asks we what's going on the forum. Who knows he may even post one day.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

He's afraid of apostates, and why shouldn't he be? It's only been drummed into his head for how many years?

Just explain to him the comfort this site brings you, and tell him this truth: People on JWN who are no longer jws are in that state for many different reasons. For some of us, it is df'ing for "sin". For others it is da'ing or df'ing for not agreeing with the WB&TS. But the ONE thing we have in common is refusal to submit to a corrupt man made organization, and that is all that is needed to be viewed as apostates. Tell him about Mouthy who was df'd for simply telling an elder that she didn't believe Christ returned invisibly in 1914. Tell him about Lifeistoshort fading, because the elders chastised her for her concern about child molesters on the loose in her congregation. There are probably thousands of horror stories on JWN that you can share with him. Once he understands that "repentence" means total submission to the Watchtower, no matter what the cost, he'll understand who "apostates" really are.

• BackRoomBilly
    BackRoomBilly

This ones too easy...

Just put on some sexy lingerie and tell him APOSTATE LITERATURE makes you want to do crazy things. My wife could get me back into a Kingdom Hall if she told me something wild was gonna happen afterwords.

• cantleave
    cantleave

You need to reassure him that the decisions you have made about fading are your own and haven't been influenced by others from this board. Nugget's first reaction was "what have you been reading?" when I told her I was doubting the "truth", and I am sure if she knew at that time I was visiting this board she would have thought that was the cause of my doubts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit