Hubby is concerned with me being on this site.

by crazy2try 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I can understand your husbands reaction.

just because one wants to leave does not mean one wants to be an 'apostate' nor wear that label.

i was out and D/f 12 years before i found this site... to be honest it freaked me out no end! Although there was NO WAY i was going back, i still beleived it all. So, coming to terms with what i was learning took a bit of time. I still dont like the term 'apostate', but i realize that is what i am as i lie in bed at night plotting nefarious deeds to wake some JWs up!

oz

• fluke
    fluke

The thread, 'You know you were a JW teenager would be a good one to read to him... :)

He'll get over it, and you both will one day come on here because you want to, not because you will to anymore... :)

• wobble
    wobble

My wife and I were both born in, and in for 58 years, she too was unhappy about this site at first, and still berates me for the time I spend on here., and rightly so.

I explained that this site gave me comfort and support and was cathartic and therapeutic, plus I used to read all the funny stuff out to her, she soon adjusted her view, she thinks I am associating with a lot of looneys on here, and she is about right !

She loves Outlaws dog!

Good luck, and keep visiting here, soon your husband will join you.

Wobble

• flipper
    flipper

CRAZY2TRY- Good advice by everyone here . Just realize that your husband has FEAR inculcated into him by cult mind control. So he is reacting out of unreasonable fear. He is told by the witnesses that anybody that leaves the organization is a fornicating axe murderer - so he's only reacting to what he's been told- which has nothing to do with reality. Witnesses don't want to hear that apostates are doing well, are happy, and living well. It causes too much confusion for them inside. Just be patient with hubby- he will come along in time. Peace out , Mr. Flipper

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Not one vote..

For poking him in the eye,with salt on your finger?..

Bah!..Where are your Priorities?

Grumpy Man with Unkempt Hair

................... ...OUTLAW

• not a captive
    not a captive

Dear Crazy,

Everything said here is great advise (including the suggestion involving sexy lingerie). My perspective comes from another angle, however. No one in my family was a JW or even associating by the time I was exiting after 21+ years. So no one would have done anything but cheer for me if I had looked at this forum. OMG they would have Cheered-and-Danced!

But I had to find the clarity in my own motives before I could benefit from the wonderful healing available here. The tender and most vulnerable part of us is our desire to do what is right in our Father's eyes, our heavenly Father's eyes. But it is this very part of us, this tender and vulnerable conscience that has been invaded by a cancer --the cancer is our loyalty to the Organization.

I don't want to get bogged down in this cancer analogy too much beyond this: Jesus was dealing with spiritual cancer victims in his ministry, the Jewish people who had lost the sense of what the law could and couldn't do, should and shouldn't do. The Pharisees made them feel inadequate to please God or even know enough to please God. What he did was strengthen and affirm their inner love of right and of his Father's love for them. He strengthened and affirmed that they were children of Abraham if they actually did the works of Abraham (Abraham didn't know squat but he was open to learning). In fact this thought strengthened me l in the end to really set me free.

If our conscience is not free to answer to God ahead of the Corporation, then we are not children of Abraham--we cannot be followers of Christ. If you tell your husband that you want to follow Jesus from your heart and do so without fear then even if you go to meetings for a time or two the day will come when on your way there you will just stop midway and realize that you just can't do it any more. And, if you are like me, your prayers will become richer and more direct from then on.

I want to say one more thing that I found helpful when fears pressed me down. I told both myself and the elders-- and friends who worried about me that even if I were wrong in the directions my inquirey took me, my conviction could not be "unbelieved" by threats or ridicule or well-intentioned warnings. Because I felt better standing before God with a whole heart and a clear conscience.

If you tell this to your hubby perhaps he will feel better. But more than that, tell it to yourself to get strength for the road ahead.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Crazy... get him to join JWN too. Then he'll see what it's all about and that should take care of any of his 'concerns'. Would love for him to join and contribute his thoughts.

• peaches
    peaches

poke him in the eye with salt on your finger.....HYSTERICAL outlaw.....voted best advice ever given to someone!!!!

• peaches
    peaches

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( crazy2try ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• stillin
    stillin

many a mate has been drawn apart from thier spouse by the lure of romance on the internet. Maybe he's insecure about something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit