Where do we go when we die?

by wannabe 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    What is my point? Simply this! They obviously were created to live forever! Where were they to live forever? Why on earth, of course!

Are you applying for the writing department at WTS? This seems like their kind of logic jumps found in the "Live Forever" book.

Here's another one:
    Don't you think your grandparents loved you enough to want the very best for you? Yet when they passed away, they didn't come back and tell you how to make it to heaven. I guess they aren't allowed to do that. Jehovah must put them in heaven and lock the gate, so heaven is God's big prison.

Can't you see how easily I made that conclusion? It's the same when reading your stuff.

• possible-san
    possible-san

I like this song.

Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep - K. Jenkins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jynpGNaSAMA

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Born to die like all else. We lay down, decay and become soil again. Haven't had any great conversations with dirt. This is it, get used to it and get your God out of my mailbox. W.Once

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Illogical conclusions based largely on a book of poetry and re-written history.

Yep - that's how I want to decide what will happen when I die!

The only scripture with any real merit in the matter is the one that says 'From dust you were made and to dust you will return.'

But thanx for the sermon!

Jeff

• trueblue
    trueblue

I don't see that knowing where we go when we die is benificial, I mien what diff does it make whether you believe we go to heaven or hell/earth or resurrection(s) or reincarnation(s)or wethar there is a pair of dice? What diff does it matter if you believe Jesus died on a cross or a torture stake or if Jesus had long hair or short hair? or how one worships?

Is it going to change God's plan? I don't believe so... and if you don't believe me doesn't change anything either so no point in argueing...

I think it is all about the heart codition and not the brain condition that will get you through the transition.

If God wanted you to know he would have told your brain

Use your heart and not your fumbling brain

• blondie
    blondie

I tell you this when I die I will come back and let you all know....more importantly is what you are doing right now with your life, the only moment we are truly living in is the one right now.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Worrying about stuff like that is what dominated 3 decades of my life. Now that I'm free, figuring out where I will go while I'm still alive keeps me plenty busy.

Plus you seem to already have an answer...but for those that are seeking an answer, I hope you find one.

Shop.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

What does it matter, a dream of love
    Or a dream of lies
    We're all gonna be in the same place
    When we die
    Your spirit don't leave knowing
    Your face or your name
    And the wind through your bones
    Is all that remains
    And we're all gonna be