Where do we go when we die?

by wannabe 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wannabe
    wannabe

Where do we go when we die?

There are many very confusing concepts about this subject

about where we go when we die, and no one I've found to date has really set forth a satisying answer to this question; so I thought I might just employ some of the knowledge I've gained from my own thirty year study of the Bible.

Where actually would be the most sensible place to begin when dealing with this subject? Does it not make sense that the place to begin would be in the Garden of Eden where Mankind had his original beginning? Stemming as Mankind did from the Loins of the first Man Adam? With his Wife Eve being the Mother of all living today? {Genesis 3:20}

It pays to consider what Jehovah's Purpose for the pair was, as he blessed them and told them to: "become fruitful and become many and fill the earth." {Genesis 1:28} Consider at this point, the mounstrous size of our earth today! How long do you think it would have taken the pair to carry out Jehovah's command to fill the earth? No one could really answer that question could they? But they would have had to have something very special, in their design as perfect humans, that would have enabled them to carry out that command to fill the earth. The answer really is quite simple! They would have had to be created to live forever in order to get done what Jehovah required. Was their life-span to be limited in any way they'd never have been able to do what Jehovah required of them. Of course Jehovah wouldn't expect that, was he to have numbered their days. He would have known they could never carry out that command, was that to be the case.

What is my point? Simply this! They obviously were created to live forever! Where were they to live forever? Why on earth, of course! Why else would Jehovah have put them on earth in that garden was he to desire they be in heaven? Jehovah has Millions of Spirit Sons in the heavenly realm; and had he of wanted the pair in heaven with him, it would have been an easy matter for him to put them there, rather than on earth, in the Garden. So, what was the pupose of putting them in the Garden of Eden?

Keep in mind now, it was Jehovah who had planted the Garden of Eden, and as Adam, were he to do so, as he became fruitful and Multiplied, would have been aided in following the command to cultivate it, and take care of it, until it was extended into an earth-wide Global Paradise. Now, in that Jehovah had personally planted this Garden, its beauty would have been beyond description. Like nothing we have ever seen before. {Genesis 2:8,15} We know too, nothing was said about death or dying, but in order to maintain their lives, they were commanded not to touch the Tree of the knowledge of good an bad, for the day they touched that Tree they would die! That was the only stipulation Jehovah had put upon them. The Tree of life in the middle of the Garden was a constant gaurantee of continued life, as long as they remained obedient to Jehovah's Command. As their King Statute giver and Lawgiver, he had the exclusive right to expect their obedience. {Isaiah 33:22} {1 Timothy1:17} {Genesis 2:16,17}

Lets assume for a moment that satan had never induced the Woman Eve to eat of the Tree of Knowledge of good a bad, that Adam too had never touched the fruit of that Tree. What would be the situation that would prevail now, was that to be true? We would have a Global Paradise, would we not? We would have a World filled with perfect righteous individuals all in perfect health, with the continued opportunity of everlasting life on a paradise earth as long as we remained obedient.

Since the situation is not, as I described here, but rather to the contrary; we have a World that's a veritable Garbage dump, filled with sick dying human beings, because of the actions of satan the devil, and a Woman and Man who decided they'd go their own ways and do their own thing. {Genesis 34:1-7} {Romans 5:12}

Now if Jehovah's idea was for Mankind to live on a Global pardise earth, forever, why would he now, because of the fall of Adam want any of us up there in heaven with him? Has he suddenly changed his mind about his purpose for our earth to be a Global Paradise with perfect righteous Humans living on it in health and happiness forever? Was that to be true it would mean satan has thwarted the puposes of Jehovah God.

The reason that could never be true is because that was the sole purpose for the sacrifice of the Christ! To buy back everything Adam had lost! Adam lost the Global paradise! He had lost the life of the World. The sacrifice of the Christ bought it all back! This earth will be the Global Paradise Jehovah first intended it to be. With perfect righteous humans living on it forever.

True! Some will go to heaven, for a specific purpose! To reign with the Christ for the Thousand year period as King Priests, to aid the Christ in that heavenly Government to bring everything back as it was, when Jehovah first planted the Garden of Eden.

The Bible clearly tells us there is only 144,000 of those King Priests that inherit immortality upon their resurrection.These are the one of the FIRST resurrection. All other of the human dead, will arise to life and live under that heavenly Goverrnment, but there's nothing said about their inheriting immortality. Upon being resurrected, they are mortal beings still subject to death. Their Prize is only everlasting life, on earth, which is fine with me, I wouldn't complain at that. {Revelation 5:9,10;14:1;20:6-7-10} {Luke 20:36} Would you?

Where do we go when we die? Back to the dust of the earth to await the resurrection. "Take away their Spirit, they expire, and back to their dust they go," {Psalm 104:29;146:4} {Ecclesiastes 9:5,10} {John 5: 28,29} Wannabe

• JWoods
    JWoods

Oh, I thought you were ASKING...

• sir82
    sir82

Pittsburgh?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If your Good..

You go to the Big Pub in the Sky..

If your Bad..

You spend Eternity in a Walmart Bathroom..

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3192/2413609133_06e4d0642f.jpg?v=0

....................... ...OUTLAW

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> Where do we go when we die?

Usually the morgue.

• possible-san
    possible-san

You should watch the Japanese movie "Okuribito/Departures" which won the Academy Award (Best Foreign Language Film).

He has said "We'll meet again", before cremating the dead.
    http://bb2.atbb.jp/strongwings/viewtopic.php?t=866

The world is large.
    The religion which people believe is not only Christianity (especially fundamentalism).
    Japanese people do not accept Christianity.

possible

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Elsewhere beat me to it. I was going to say the undertakers.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

It's funny but I would have swallowed all that guff 15 yrs ago and now I see it for what it truly is... The arrogance of christians.

Possible San basically says it, there'a a big world out there, full of differing beliefs. Humility seems to be written out of modern fundy christian belief.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

We don't go anywhere. The word 'go' is being completely misapplied here. Asking "where do we 'go' when we die?" is like asking "what is further north of north?"

We didn't come from anywhere when we were born, & we don't go anywhere when we die. If people can accept that we didn't exist before birth, & that our personality is an emergent property of our brain (which most people do), then why do so many find it difficult to accept that when the brain dies, our personality dies with it? I think the rational part of their brain does accept it to be honest, it's just the irrational survival driven part of the brain that can't handle it.

• cofty
    cofty

Our consciousness is wiped out temporarily by a bump on the head or an anesthetic. It has no chance of surviving the complete destruction of our brains. Death is the end; live for life before death.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit