Jehovah's Witnesses---A Religion That Does Nothing For Anyone

by minimus 72 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

Podobear, when Moshe made these statements, "Why couldn't a KH set out a barrel to collect food for a local food pantry? They could, but they see no need to help the poor, who could be destroyed next week at Armageddon. Why couldn't the JW's do a quick build Habitat for Humanity house?- they could, but why help a poor family (not JW's) get a nice home, who will likely be destroyed at Armageddon next month? JW's as a rule, won't even volunteer for a charity walk-a-thon, either. Who is gonna sign up on their sheet as a donor- JW friends at the KH?

When I cornered a JW mother in service about not being charitable, she protested. So I did a Q&A on her. Suppose they are having a community clean up day next Saturday- would you help? "NO", Suppose, the community needs volunteers to be crime watch block captains- would you volunteer? ,"No", Are you a member of the PTO (parent-teacher org) at you child's school? , "no"- Why not, I asked? Do you expect other parents to do all the work to help your daughter's school? She didn't want to answer- all she wanted to do was get away from me!..."

Your response was to defend the "individual" JWs... However, when you made these comments, "When will these dudes wake up to the fact that good hearted human being exist whether they are ACTIVE JW's, ex'JW's or attached or otherwise to any other branch of humanity. Wake up people..... the great crowd is drawn from EVERY tribe and people and nationality and tongue. God chooses NOT YOU moshe.... "

Although you didn't overtly state it, it sounded as though you discounted the veracity of those who described the WTBTS' edicts against charitable giving...

Hence my comments and quote from the WTBTS' Official Website...

I do find it extremely telling that that particular article came up as the #1 item under "Charitable organizations" search... Paranoia, anyone???

Zid

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What wonderful storys about Jehovah`s Witness`s,helping Jehovah`s Witness`s..

Vomit

They don`t do shit for anyone else..Unless its their job and they`re being paid..

You`ll need more paint and a bigger brush to white wash WBT$ Bullshit..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• Podobear
    Podobear

Zid.. all the best lady.. but I find it curious that none of us associate with this Organisation any more but some get tetchy when the good is pointed out in individuals WHATEVER THEIR FAITH OR CONVICTION. That's all.. and really, you Americans is general may be tight fisted (it's a big country with a wide socio-demographic range)... I suggest you start examining the JW's here in Europe.. ESPECIALLY FRANCE which supplies the equivalent of Medcins sans Frontiere.

If you want to slam the Organ Grinder that is individual choice.. personally I believe in Animal Sanctuaries (note that Zid!!) and believe in Monkey rehab. There are some extremely philanthropic JW's too. My poin is valid even if it is read in derision and disdain. All the best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit