Jehovah's Witnesses---A Religion That Does Nothing For Anyone

by minimus 72 Replies latest jw friends

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

So, your solution is..............................................

Judge Dread

• watson
    watson

Interesting thread..

• oldflame
    oldflame

Well I was going to be a smart ass minimus but you beat me to it. I was going to say " The reality is: Jehovah's Witnesses benefit no one but themselves! But you already said it.

• searcher
    searcher

If they believe so much in a Paradise Earth, and they are told they will have to work to make it that way after the big A, then why don't they spend some time NOW cleaning up the Earth, working toward Paradise?

Surely Jehovah wouldnt destroy the work already done by 'the chosen' would he?

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

Jehovah's Witnesses claim they do benefit others and that if the WTbs endgame were achieved, namely mass-conversion to their cult then the world would be a better place.

Is that really the case?

All the medical issues that they moralise about would cause a problem. Who would be the doctors and surgeons of the JW only world?

Who would be the teachers lecturers and scientists when we consider the JW opposition to any kind of further education?

Who would work in the quasi-moral grey areas of society?

Who would work in government? The Governing Body??? Lol.

If their utopian dream were realised would God let them run the show for a bit until society fell apart or would he step in immediately?

Knowing their blind arrogance they would probably assume they could do a better job than the world's leaders are doing.

Matt.

• Heaven
    Heaven

For a while after my Dad retired, they were his salvation. They gave him something to do because he had no plans and it got him out of the house so he didn't have to deal with his relationship problems with my Mom.

But they just delayed the inevitable for him. Now, he can't function as a 'witness' and is faced with the same dilemma he had when he first retired. Except my Mom is gone now so he's all alone.

"Life sucks and then you die" aptly describes life as a JW.

• minimus
    minimus

The religion sucks the life out of its followers.

• Room 215
    Room 215

All true, Minimus. The one question that begs an answer is :"what kept us all wrapped up in it for as long as it did?"

• minimus
    minimus

People stay with things because they get used to it---even if it's not good. People stay in bad marriages, lousy jobs and terrible religions because their experience is simply what they're used to in their comfort zone.

• Podobear
    Podobear

Sorry... don't agree the "Org." does it for millions... substitute for Rome for those who have defected from the R.C church.. they just love being told what to do. You don't need to think.. just trust you are being shepherded into the right fold. Solution? Don't think... and you will be just fine. [I.M.H.O]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit