How Many Here Actually "Handled The Microphones"?

by minimus 75 Replies latest jw friends

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

Nope, disqualified on the basis of my vaginal disability. But I had way too many crushes on some of the ministerial servants who handled them, and I liked sitting somewhat towards the back in order to get a better view of them as they walked the aisles. ;)

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I handled them a few times. I didnt care for it or try to be available. I had a wife and

child to sit with. I was the literature servant. So it really wasnt my department.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

So interesting how mikes are a "man" thing. Do the guys here still believe that is right?

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

my brother and i had a large part in introducing microphones to our little hall... when i look back, totally stupid, the hall was no bigger than my house and everybody could fit in the first 6 rows!

oz

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Quillsky,

Because it was run by male chauvinists and it perfectly suited anyone who agreed with the notion that women were inferior to men.

Of course, we all know that running around with a roving mike is not the same as “teaching”, yet it was deigned to be a male-only role.

Why? Because women are supposed to be passive and in complete submission to men.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

I still don't get why handling microphones you had to have male genitals. It's a service role, right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit