Question? Mayan/Baktun/144000 cycle/2012??

by mind blown 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I'm also free to tell you to F**K Off

Absolutely you are. But at least try to be creative. How about this..."Hey mind blown, why don't you go outside and play a game of hide and f*ck yourself?" or "Here you go mind blown, have this nice big cup of shut the f*ck up". Those are just a few suggestion, feel free to come up with some on your own. Or maybe you could ask the mayans for help. Oh wait, they're all dead.

I was just asking questions....hmmmmm.....sounds familiar........

no no, I wasn't shunning you for beleiving something stupid. I was making fun of you. totally different. Speaking of asking questions, have you stopped beating your wife yet?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

When I first left I was very excited by all the new things I was learning. I loved The Celestine Prophecy etc. But over time I came to the conclusion that there is no more weight in any other religion to what their was in the Watchtower Society. Just as Rutherford invented a whole raft of speculation around his magazines and conventions having prophetic importance, imaginative people of all ages have done the same. Numbers can always be found to have patterns.

I think it is sad aspect of human nature to want the world to end. Doomsdays cults have always existed in all major religious tenants. It is far better to develop beyond this and look at how to be the best we can and enjoy life to its fullest potential whilst we are on earth, rather than constantly hope for it to end.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The baktun has a length of 394.25 years. That means the end of the cycle in 2012 has already happened over and over in human history. Did the world end in 1618? It's simply the turning-point of a cycle that has been ongoing for thousands of years. There is no Mayan end-of the-world 2012 prophecy. That's a Western invention. From what I've read, the Mayans are pretty annoyed that their end-cycle celebration (they view the winter solstice of 2012 as a time of celebration) is being co-opted by others to make money and sell doomsday prophecies.

BTW, the 13 baktun cycles are described in the 2012 literature as a "great cycle", but Mayanists generally agree that 20 baktuns comprise a piktun (just as 20 katuns comprise a baktun and 20 tuns comprise a katun). That puts the end of the piktun cycle in AD 4772.

• BurnTheShips
  • mind blown
    mind blown

I myself, don't apply the end of the Mayan Baktun, as a doomsday end, as some do.....however, there are many thoughts of mind....just wondering what others were thinking or thoughts....if any.....

notverylikely.....telling me to be creative......telling me what to think and say (controlling)....making fun of me.....(smug).....haven't much shaken the JW way have you.... again sounds all to familiar....I'm also not male and not a very good apostate from what I'm gathering...I also believe in Christ's message......you got something to say about that too...? So much for love and fairy tales.....I think someone needs a group hugg.......

Ok....I'm outta here...I gather this thread is done......

• trueblue
  • mind blown
    mind blown

While I was writing my last post....some of you have contributed.... thank you much....

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

.telling me what to think and say (controlling)....making fun of me.....(smug).....haven't much shaken the JW way have you

I'll say this southern and NY style...

Bless your poor heart, you just ain't too bright are you, darling?

or...

All due respect, you're a moron.

.I also believe in Christ's message......you got something to say about that too...?

Sure. Why not. Christ ripped that message off the Babylonians. You might try educating yourself.

• awildflower
    awildflower

Hey mind blown, youtube Gregg Braden, he has tons of stuff on this subject. I love the subject but have a hard time putting into words. But it is VERY interesting

• mind blown
    mind blown

Hi awildflower...thanx I'll check it out...as well!

So which Christ are you speaking of? There were "many" Christ's professing various messages at that time, with a profound need to be the "inner hero", however, they did not "Mirror Inner" events/teaching "Properly" and could not "Endure" or "Rise Above"or "Manifest" or "Superceed" interior as well as external spirituality or prophecy....... he was announced long before the Babylonians....."all others were lost in history"........I speck of......The Christ.

I'm not a newbee to the world......we can continue to dance around each other....etc.....I choose not to.....find another victim, Ass Wipe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit