Question? Mayan/Baktun/144000 cycle/2012??

by mind blown 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I'm not a newbee to the world......we can continue to dance around each other....etc.....I choose not to.....find another victim, Ass Wipe.

Ah, name calling, the last refuge of the incompetent.

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I'm sorry, but thinking the world will end when the Mayan calendar ends in 2012 is like thinking the world will end when the calendar on your wall ends on December 31, 2010. All calendars have to stop at some point.

• awildflower
    awildflower

Careful research into the whole 2012 date, shows it has nothing to do with "the world ending", although some fanatics have made that their religion. It is a very interesting scientific study.

• Terry
    Terry

My mom was attracted to outrageous things like UFO's, Ouija boards, ESP, FATE magazine, The National Enquirer, The Tattler......you name it!

If it was larger-than-life (and science) it was right up her alley.

On the other hand, you would never ever see her reading a book.

She filled her mind with crap and her thinking demonstrated a disconnect with reality.

I'm not saying she was crazy. She was UNeducated to the point she was unable to think real thoughts, logical thoughts, thoughts connected to the world the rest of us live in.

I mention my mom for a reason.

The uneducated are easy prey.

If you can razzle dazzle them you get their attention. They'll read your book or listen to what you have to say.

Their map of the world has been distorted and their vocabulary can't relate to everyday happenings.

EVERYTHING becomes an event connected to SOMETHING BIGGER!

Ex-JW's are more aware now than they were earlier in their lives that this has happened to us!

We were UNDEReducated. We were given a substitute for reality. Our map of the world was bogus. Our vocabulary was fantasy-oriented.

We lost touch with reality and couldn't describe or think thoughts about it as a result!

The danger of this is when you leave the Kingdom Hall forever.

You are VULNERABLE. You don't yet have the capacity to think. You are easy prey for the next lunatic idea that sounds....interesting and compelling.

END TIMES thinking is a disease of the mind. It will poison your life, too.

I don't find it fascinating. I find it sad and even a little pathetic. At the very least it is slow poison.

With all the wonderful information in the world available in an instant now due to technological advances---why waste your time on crap?

Why not try something new and learn a new word each day?

Redefine your existing vocabulary and clean out your conceptual basis from scratch----Spring cleaning, as it were?

Remodel the home you brain lives in! Let the sunlight stream in and chase away the cobwebs.

It takes a long long time to recover from cultic mind-mush.

It starts with changing your TASTE for exotic ideas connected to fantastic assertions.

It is an addiction. It requires will power.

But, change IS possible.

I wish my mom could have had the chance. But, she died at age 64 never having lived in the real world.

She had become a Jehovah's Witness........thanks to me.

And that is my sermon for the day. Ignore it if you will. Your mileage may vary.

• mind blown
  • mind blown
    mind blown

.sorry for the copy and paste posts.....I knew how to set links with my old pc, however, this mac is new to me....I will have to find out how to link properly...

• mind blown
    mind blown

...by the way...this UNedumecated, can not see any difference in these two photos.....do you think you can tell?

http://suriyanto.net/special/

• Lieu
    Lieu

From the Mayans I have spoken with(they're not all dead 'ya know) it simply means the end of one "age" and the beginning of another "age".

The video posted above is a pretty good explanation of what they mean by the 2012 date.

Fascinating stuff when looking into the various beliefs & cultures around the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit